Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Long Weekend

Thanksgiving
I got up at 6:30 and ran a 5K with 2,000 other crazy people.


Here I am, excited about running in 27 degree weather before eating a big meal!



Now, I'm starting to ask myself why I wanted to do this again.






At the finish line. Not feeling so good.




I'm not sure what was wrong with me, but I got really sick at the end of the race. I wanted to sprint in, but my body told me that unless I wanted to throw up in front of a few hundred people I should slow down. Unfortunately, I didn't slow down quick enough. While I was bent down (obviously not in the middle of the finish line) throwing up, a man put his hand on my shoulder and told me that I needed to keep moving. Are you kidding me? I thought I was being considerate by not leaving a trail! (Sorry for that visual)
Black Friday
On Friday, I went shopping with my mom. I had to get up at 3:30! My mom gets really nervous when there's lots of traffic so I had to drive and she wanted to be there right when the doors opened. This is the first year that my mom and I have been able to go shopping together without Aiden or my little sister since I was a teenager so I can't complain. We had a lot of fun. I got the goody bags from Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret and then I finished up all of my Christmas shopping! I just have to stay away from the mall now because I LOVE buying Christmas presents.
Saturday & Sunday
Ugh! I had to work. Right now I'm in school trying to get a master's degree in biomedical science so for my stipend I work in a research lab. My boss is away on a fellowship for an entire year and she left me in charge of the lab. Unfortunately with very limited knowledge! Most of the time this works out great because I have a lot of free time and no one is around telling me what to do, but on the downside I have to work long hours when she comes in (one weekend a month and holidays).

No comments: