Saturday, November 22, 2008

Spilt Milk

This morning, I was sitting in the floor eating a bowl of cereal beside Aiden. He had a sippy cup of milk and he some how managed to get the lid off. There was milk all over the carpet. All I was thinking about was how bad that would smell if I didn't get it cleaned immediately. So I set my bowl of cereal down on the floor (not sure why I didn't take the extra tenth of a second to set it on the table..) while I grabbed some cleaning supplies. While I'm scrubbing at the mess I hear Aiden giggling. I turn around and he says, "Look, Mommy. Kenai drinking your milk!" Sure enough. There's the dog lapping away at my cereal. Aiden saw the look on my face and came over to me. He hugged me and gave me several kisses before saying, "It OK, Mommy. Kenai hungry. I get you more." Of course, that put a smile right back on my face. One mess down, a few hundred more to go before bedtime!

No comments: