Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Where do they learn this stuff?!

Aiden has started being kinda sneaky lately and I have no idea where he learned it!

The first time: A couple of days after Halloween, Aiden and I were in the living room and his treat bag was on the desk. I was getting ready for school when he asked me for a sucker. I told him that he couldn't have one until he had eaten his breakfast. I was drying my hair when I realized he was being a little too quiet. When I found him, he was holding his treat back and he had a sucker in his mouth. "It's OK, Mommy," he said. He patted me on the shoulder, "Go dry your hair."

Another incident: We went out to dinner with my in-laws and Aiden wanted to play with the salt and pepper shakers really badly. Matt told him not to touch them. I was sitting where Matt would have to turn his head away from Aiden to look at me and Aiden told him, "Just talk to Mommy."

And then this morning... Aiden watched as I opened a drawer in the kitchen and got out a pen to write a couple of things on our grocery list and he apparently saw the scissors. When I went back into the living room, he came and sat beside me. He took my face in his hands and said, "Mommy, go night-night with Daddy." I obviously knew that he wanted to do something that he knows he's not supposed to do. When he thought that I was occupied with something, he walked into the kitchen and attempted to get the scissors out of the drawer. I told him that those were Mommy's scissors and that they were too sharp for him to play with. I took him to Target this afternoon and let him pick out some kid scissors. Aiden goes to a church preschool two days a week for half a day and they have been teaching them how to cut paper. He apparently loves to cut stuff because when I pick him up from school his activity sheet always says that he played with scissors! Tonight, he spent thirty minutes sitting at the table just cutting up our junk mail.



Who needs a shredder when you have a toddler?

No comments: