Saturday, November 15, 2008

Will I Ever Learn??

This is why, you NEVER sit anything on top of the car when you're putting your child in their carseat!

A week after my boss bought this cell phone for me, it fell off the top of the car. It was barely scratched. You would think that the first time this happened, I would have learned not to do it again. Nope. This morning, I was going to take Aiden to the corn maze and my mom and 9 year old sister were going to come with us. When we were getting ready to leave their house, I put my phone and camera on top of the car so I could get Aiden in his seat. I got distracted and forget all about them. We were driving down the road and I heard a crash. My stomach dropped and I shrieked, "It's my phone and camera!" I pulled over at a restaurant and proceeded to run into the middle of a four lane to pick up my broken stuff. Luckily, there wasn't much traffic because I kept finding small pieces and was running back and forth retrieving them. My phone was completely busted but fortunately the SIM card was fine. My camera will not turn on, but I found my memory card and was able to download all of my pictures. So it definitely could have been a lot worse. At any rate, I don't think that I will be putting anything on the roof of my car for a long, long time!

No comments: