Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Aiden's First Ski Trip

We took Aiden skiing for the first time yesterday (Day 9 of our Christmas Countdown)

Matt and I had made a big deal out of going skiing and Aiden was really excited about it. When we were driving to the ski place, it was in the upper 30s and really dark and cloudy. I was so worried that it was going to rain and Aiden would be disappointed. When we got there it was sort of misting and we decided to deal with it. I'm so glad we did.

Aiden has what I call a ski leash. He wears it like a backpack and it has a handle on it that you can grab onto, hold him up, and steer. Then it has a place where you can attach two long leashes. With those you can control the speed and direction but he has to hold himself up. He had such a good time. As soon as he got to the bottom of the bunny slope, he would say, "I want to do it again!" He did an amazing job. We were so proud of him! I can't wait to see how much he learns by the end of the season. Matt has arranged his schedule so that he and Aiden can go skiing twice a week. Unfortunately, I'll be at school :(

Getting snapped into his skis


At the Top of the Bunny Slope

Watch Aiden Ski!!!

2 comments:

Mommy_of_2 said...

Thta's awesome! I wish I could ski..

Kristen said...

How cool is that...he'll be flying around in no time