Sunday, December 7, 2008

Deck the Halls

So I was tagged with this Deck the Halls Meme by Francesca at Three Bay B Chicks and it's helped me get even more into the holiday spirit (if that's even possible!).



Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate. With chocolate chips, marshmallows, and whipped cream. Mmmm~ I think I will go make some in a few minutes!

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree?
All of the gifts will definitely be wrapped.

Colored lights on tree or white?
I have always liked colored lights, but my husband likes white. Since he bought them and always puts them lights up, we have white lights on our tree.

When do you put your decorations up?
Oh! I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
My favorite holiday dish is more of an appetizer. Cheese dip with Rotel and sausage. I made it for the first time this year and had no idea how easy it was! LOL I kinda wish I hadn't learned that. I LOVE it!

Favorite holiday memory as a child:
We always had the best Christmases! We had a big party on Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family where we exchanged presents. Then we always got up really early on Christmas morning and opened our presents one at a time. I always got to eat one of the chocolate Santas from my stocking for breakfast on Christmas morning. I thought I was the luckiest kid ever!

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I learned in first grade. I had to ride the school bus home one day and some fifth graders told me. I immediately went and asked my mom if it was true. I was devastated that Christmas.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
My dad always gives my mom, sister, and me an ornament on Christmas Eve. That's also the time we open presents from my grandparents, aunts, and uncles.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I usually decorate the tree by myself. Aiden helped me some this year. I placed our best glass ornaments on the top of the tree and let him hang the plastic ones. We mostly have kiddie ornaments (ex. a fox holding a fishing pole sitting on a fish stuck in a block of ice). I love those and will never be an ornament snob!

Snow! Love it or dread it?
I love the snow! I love to sit in front of the window and watch it fall.



Can you ice skate?
I lived in Alaska for three years. I saw tons of people skating outside on frozen ponds. There was an ice skating rink in the mall. But I have NEVER ice skated.

Do you remember your favorite gift?
My favorite gift was an ipod. On Aiden's first Christmas, Matt bought me an ipod and on the back it says, To Mommy Love Aiden. I absolutely loved it because it was my first Mommy gift!

What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Definitely spending time with my family. I had to spend one Christmas away from my family and it just wasn't the same. It didn't even feel like a holiday.



What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Chocolate fudge. Hands down!



What is your favorite tradition?
I love the Christmas Eve party at my parents' house. But Matt and I have started our own tradition of watching The Christmas Story, Home Alone, and Family Man.

Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
When I was little, I always preferred receiving, but now I really like giving. I love shopping for my family and then watching them open the gifts that I got them. I love being able to make someone else happy.

What is your favorite Christmas Song?
O Holy Night. I also like Jingle Bell Rock and Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. And Let it Snow. I can't think of a Christmas song that I don't like. (Other than the Christmas Shoes. I turn that off every time it comes on, it makes me sooo sad!)

Candy canes! Yuck or yum?
Yum. I've always liked peppermint.

Ever recycled a Christmas present?
Never.

Don't Be A Scrooge! Tag 7 friends to Deck the Halls...
Mommy to Two Princesses, Yaya Stuff, Sipos Family, Rantings of a Raging Raven, Making Memories That Last, Pajama Mama, and Sidewalk Chalk and Sippy Cups

6 comments:

Yaya said...

Cool thanks! I save these up and do a few tags at a time! So don't kill me if it's not posted today!

Abounader Photography said...

Happy Monday! Hope that you have a great day!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Hooray! What fun it was to read your responses to the holiday meme. Thanks for following up.

I must admit that I have never thought to include chocolate chips in my hot chocolate. Sounds very tasty. Anything to up the chocolate to chocolate ratio is a good thing in my book.

If you ever get the chance, I'd love to see your recipe for the cheese dip. I am always on the look-up for easy and tasty appetizer dishes. Yours sounds like a really good one! :)

-Francesca

PS: Great that you watch Family Man...I love that movie too. Will have to add it to our required viewing list this season. Thanks!

Kristen said...

Found your blog on Blog Stalkers. I have a mini me also and I try to run.
Great tag

Kristen said...

I just got tagged now so have you

Queenie Jeannie said...

Loved it!! Great post!