Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Feeling a Little Left Out

Day 3 of our Christmas activites. My plan for tonight was to put up our Christmas tree. I had these great visions of listening to Christmas music, Aiden handing me branches, and Matt stringing the lights. That's the way things work out in movies...



Of course, Aiden was really interested in the long poles and came dangerously close to knocking over the TV a couple of times. But then...

My plans were sadly interrupted. Matt's dad is in a local theater group and they are putting on a Christmas play (I just found this out today). They had a dress rehersal tonight and my MIL wanted to take Aiden to see it. That kinda bummed me out because I wanted to spend some time with Aiden tonight. I actually would have liked to have gone to the play with them, but I wasn't asked and I refuse to invite myself anywhere. But, it turned out to be a nice evening anyway. Matt took me out for sushi~ something we can never do with Aiden and we had a really good time. Aiden came home all hyped up and carrying presents (a train puzzle and some stringing beads) so I guess he had a fun night as well. I just feel guilty about not spending enough time with him...

Oh and the tree? Well, it's still sitting in its box in the middle of the living room floor. It's almost 11:00 and it has to be done tonight, but I just can't make myself get started. And yes, we have one of the old trees where you have to arrange every single branch and put on your own lights. I think I will get it up tonight and let Aiden help me decorate it tomorrow. Hmm...I guess I better get started!

No comments: