Monday, December 1, 2008

Yay! It's finally December!

I'm really in the Christmas spirit this year. I started listening to Christmas music right after Halloween! So, I've decided that I want to do something "Christmas-y" with Aiden every day until Christmas day.



Tonight, I took him to Target and we picked out an Advent calendar, some tiny Christmas ornaments, and a mini tree with blinking lights. Each day, I'm going to let him open a door on his calendar, take out an ornament, and hang it on his tree. I will have to find something special to put on the 24th and 25th because they have a bigger space behind the doors. Not sure what yet.



I'm hoping this will become one of our Christmas traditions and will make him look forward to the holiday.

Aiden's Advent Calendar


A few of the Christmas ornaments that he will hang on his tree.


Aiden's baby Christmas tree.


I promise, it looks a lot better in real life! I just don't know how to take a picture with the lights flashing. You can see the first ornament that he hung on his tree this evening. He seems to really like having a tree that he can decorate on his own. (We haven't put our tree up yet, but we've spent a lot of time at my parents' house the past few days and they have four trees that he isn't allowed to touch.)

No comments: