Sunday, December 21, 2008

O Christmas Tree!

Day 21 of our Christmas Countdown: Making a Christmas Tree

When Matt and I first moved to Anchorage, I taught preschool for a year before returning to school full time. This is one of the art projects that I did with my class. There were always some parents who didn't care about the art and didn't bother to collect it. So, I kept a bunch of it for ideas when I had my own baby one day. I have to say this project was MUCH easier with one 2 year old instead of 12!

Aiden has the same expression on his face as the dinosaur on his shirt! LOL

Painting his own hand~ I couldn't believe it!

"I want to wash my hands!" After 1 picture, I promised.

Ready for assembly

Tada! Aiden's Handprint Christmas Tree:

8 comments:

Linda S said...

that is priceless...I still have all those precious art pieces as decorations and mine are 15-19...her from blog stalkers!

Kati Sue* said...

That is awesome! I wanna make one too! I am going to buy paint tomorrow!

San said...

Hiya! Cool tree! ;)

Yaya said...

That's awesome! I love it!
I can't believe parents wouldn't want this!!!

Kristen said...

I love Aiden's Christmas Tree.

I have given you an award and posted about the one you gave me.

Travel Writer said...

he is so cute...cool post. Loved the pictures

Mommy of M's said...

This is a really cute idea!! We might be doing this tonite!!

Rachel Ann said...

that is stinkin cute!

Amazing how many art projects you can make with just a handprint!