Thursday, December 11, 2008

Speedway in Lights

Day 11 of our Christmas Countdown: Christmas Lights

My parents took my little sister, Aiden and me to see the Christmas lights at the Bristol Motor Speedway. We had such a great time! Aiden was so excited. When he saw the "choo-choo" and dinosaurs, he jumped up and down (as much as his sit will allow him) and squealed. It was so cute. Inside the speedway, they have a little village where you can have your picture taken with Santa. They also have food booths and rides. I was such a bad mom tonight. I let Aiden have funnel cake, hot chocolate, and cotton candy. He was so into that cotton candy that he had a blue beard all around his mouth. I really wish I hadn't forgotten my camera!

After we finished at the Speedway, we went to ANOTHER light display right down the street. This one was more of a light show, I guess. The lights were coordinated with a musical program that you listened to on your radio. It was pretty cool. Aiden went crazy. He was dancing, kicking the seats, and singing at the top of his lungs. (Too much for one day) He fell asleep in the car the minute we left my parents' house. It was a great day!

5 comments:

Mommy_of_2 said...

Bristol MMotor Speedway.. I Love NASCAR!!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

All of the fun things at Christmas, like lights, take on so much more importance after you have kids. It was fun to read about how excited Aiden was.

My son would have our Christmas lights on around the clock, if we let him. I am still trying to help him to understand that you just really can't see the lights well during the day. I haven't been successful, though.

-Francesca

Kristen said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time...it's so fun to see kids faces light up at Christmas

Kristen said...

Thanks for coming by.
About the KK Challenge:
Beginning at the NC State Belltower, each runner
runs 2 miles to the Krispy Kreme store. After downing a full dozen
of the famous Krispy Kreme doughnuts, the runner
must run the two miles back. All in one hour.
We do the fun run and run back holding the doughnuts.

It's the best race

Yaya said...

Oh we used to have a light display in our area and I loved it! But they stopped doing it for money reasons :(