Friday, December 12, 2008

They Look So Much Prettier on the Computer!

We continued making our Gingerbread Christmas ornaments yesterday. The directions said that the dough should be stiff, but when I got the dough out of the refridgerator, it was sticky. Really sticky. Our hands were coated with dough and we had to use a knife thingy to get our "cookies" off the table.



The directions called for baking the "cookies" for 20 minutes. (The burn marks on this pan are from where Matt put a muffin tin on top of it and proceeded to store it in the broiler. He said, "I didn't know the heat got down there.")


The finished product

I think I made them a little too thick. They just don't look that pretty. Definitely not something I would want to hang on the tree. (Don't worry, at least one will be there!) After they dry for the required 3 days, I am going to let Aiden paint them. The final ornaments should be interesting!

I showed Aiden a star as soon as they cooled and of course, he thought they were cookies. He put it up to his mouth immediately. I shouted, "No!!!" He jumped and threw a star across the room where it hit the wall and bounced off. They weren't kidding when they said, Do Not Eat these cookies. They are for decorative purposes only!

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Just found you from Blog Stalkers. Wanted to say hello! :o)

What a fun project!

Kristen said...

Very funny...can't wait to see the finished ornaments

Tiffany said...

Process over product! Looks like you had fun!

Jenny/Moravia said...

Looks like fun. You'll have to post pics if you decorate them.