Wednesday, December 10, 2008

No More Cards for Christopher Bedgood

I want to thank everyone who was planning on sending a Christmas Card to the child I mentioned in an earlier post: A Christmas Wish. However, his family has already received over a million cards and have requested that no more be sent. You can read all about it in the following link: (Posted December 9)

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/bedgood.asp

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused anyone and I want to think Kristen for pointing this out to me.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

No inconvenience on me. I was just sorry to hear that I may have caused more hardship because I sent him 2 cards myself.
Hopefully they will see we were just try to fullfill a wish and he is in our thoughts and prayers.

Melissa said...

I was so happy by the number of people that I had gotten to send cards and now I feel absolutely terrible.

Kathryn said...

HI Kristen and Melissa,
I'm a friend of Christopher's family. Don't feel badly about sending the cards. They fully understand that everyone is trying to help them in a difficult time. Their biggest concern is that their home address is all over the internet and they were getting unwelcome visitors to their house. Cards were not Christopher's wish, but he IS enjoying them. It will take months to open all of them, but they will be opened and read. So, from the family, thank you to everyone who sent cards, and PLEASE keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks, Katy