Friday, January 30, 2009

Aiden's Baby Thoughts

Lately, Aiden has been rolling up his blanket and pretending that it's a baby. This morning in the car he was holding his blanket and he said, "Shh... Don't cry, baby. Aiden and mommy love you." So cute! I think he's going to be a really good big brother.

This afternoon he was looking at my blog and he saw my ultrasound picture. I asked him what it was and he said, "That the baby!" Then he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, can I get back in your tummy?" He decided against it when I told him that it would be dark and there wouldn't be any toys.

Then tonight, he handed me his blanket and said, "Here, Mommy. Hold my baby." A few minutes later I asked him where his baby was and he said, "My baby in my tummy." I asked him where mommy's baby was and he said, "Mommy's baby already come out. I right here."

14 comments:

Yaya said...

Oh yes, kids are good imitators!

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so cute!

Kristen said...

Aiden is hte cutest little boy. He sounds like he will be a great big brother. I can't wait to see what he teaches him/her.

Mommy of M's said...

We bought M1 a cabbage patch baby, it came complete with carrier and bottle. After we brought M2 home I think it helped b/c M1 could take care of his baby.

Zoey's Mommy said...

That's too cute! Zoey is so excited to be a big sister. Every night before she goes to bed she hugs and kisses my tummy and shouts into my belly button "Goodnight Baby! Your big sister Zoey loves you so much!". Lately she's been saying goodnight to an ultrasound pic we have framed and will say "Goodnight (baby girl's name)!" We don't know gender but she's convinced its a girl!

Aiden sounds like he's super excited to be a big brother!

Joanna said...

How sweet is that? Doesn't it just make you melt?

jen@odbt said...

What a sweetheart. So thoughtful. He's already training to be the big brother.

Mel said...

So sweet! It always amazed me how much Analese seemed to understand about my pregnancy. And Aiden is even older than she was so he will amaze you too! Sounds like he is gearing up to be a great big bro!

I am Harriet said...

Hi.
That's great. Enjoy it!

pam said...

What a sweet little guy, he is going to be a great big brother.

My son thinks he was in Mommy's tummy for years before he was born. If we are talking about something that happened before he was born he will say I remember that. I could hear it through your tummy!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I love that you kids are going to be fairly close in age. While it does have its challenges, there are points in my day, when I look at the two pairs of eyes staring up at me and my heart simply melts.

Aiden is going to be such a wonderful older brother. Great post!

-Francesca

TL said...

He'll be a great big brother!
I love the fact that he considers himself the "baby" of the family. It will take a little getting used to, but he'll do great!

Congrats!

You have a beautiful family!

Heatherlyn said...

That's so sweet! I think it's funny that he wanted to climb back inside and then was deterred by the thought of darkness and no toys. He sounds like such a sweet little boy.

Joelle said...

SO sweet!