Tuesday, January 6, 2009

French Fries with Cocktail Sauce~ Yum!

That is not weird, is it?! I've been thinking about food a lot today even though I haven't had much of an appetite (super upset stomach). Anyways...

Over the weekend, Matt surprised me by bringing home my favorite meal.... Chicken wraps and french fries from Cheddars! (Nothing elaborate for me!) I LOVE restaurant style ranch dressing with my fries, but they didn't send any extra ranch and I really don't like those particular fries with ketchup. That's when I remembered that we had cocktail sauce in the fridge. Matt acted like that was one of the weirdest things he had ever heard of! Completely normal...

We also had Aiden's favorite meal over the weekend:
Rice and Carrots

"Mmmmm"

This has been his favorite meal since he was 1 and a half! If you ask him what he would like for dinner he usually says, "Rice and carrots!"

And lately Matt andI have had a huge obsession with...

Sushi!


Even after Jeremy Piven's reported case of mercury poisioning, I can't give up my sushi! Besides, I don't have a two times a day addiction. Nope. It's just a once a week thing for me.

OK. I admit, this one may be a tiny bit weird...

We had a really small dinner last night and at 9:00, I was sooo hungry! I was looking through the cabinets when I had an idea for a perfect snack. I laughed out loud because I knew Matt was going to think I was really weird. He asked me what was so funny and I said, "I'm thinking about making a chicken and apple butter sandwich." He got a totally disgusted look on his face and said, "Are you pregnant?! That would be disgusting." Really how is it that much different than turkey and cranberry sauce? He just shook his head and I settled for a plain chicken sandwich.

4 comments:

Heatherlyn Colt said...

I enjoyed reading about your cravings. They are fun. And I agree that restaraunt style ranch dressing is the BEST. I love your little guy's favorite dinner! He is starting out so healthy! I hope your stomach feels better soon. :)

Kristen said...

I was wondering the same thing...are you pregnant?

I passed on an award to you

Kristen said...

I found nikeplus has some other things you can add to your blog.
I have added my goal for this year and how my last 5 runs have been.
This just shows I'm not a great runner but it will also help me keep my goals for this year!

Jenny/Moravia said...

And - it turns out you were. Sometimes our husbands just know