Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Girls Night Out

Last night was the 4th time in the 2 and a half years since Aiden was born that I got to go out with one of my friends without him. When he was really small, Matt was always worried that Aiden would get upset and he wouldn't know what to do for him since I breastfed for the first year. And it didn't help that the first time he watched him alone (at 6 weeks) while I went for a run, Aiden scratched Matt's cornea and he had to wear a patch for a couple of days! That was truly something to come home to!

Then Aiden went through a LONG phase where he was super attached to me. Matt would offer to let me go to dinner or something with a friend but as soon as I walked to the door, Aiden would cry hysterically and I would feel so guilty that I would take him along. Obviously, I love spending time with him, but everyone needs a break at some point.

But everything went great last night. Aiden is finally ready to stay at home by himself with Daddy! Here is one of the pictures that Matt took of him while I was gone:



It looks like he's doing fine without me!

So, how did my big night out go? Well... We went to dinner and I couldn't eat due to the fun all-day sickness that I'm currently having! Then we went to the mall and they have out all these super cute spring clothes. Cute clothes that I won't be able to wear this year! Then I was so exhausted that we just decided to call it a night. It was 8:00. The life of a Mom!

And I'm truly loving every minute of it!

8 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

Oh, it is so nice when they decide that they love to spend time with daddy!

Sorry you aren't feeling well. You should be feeling better in about 3 months, right?

And you know, they have super cute pregnancy clothing now. Sometimes I think it is cuter than regular clothing!

Amy said...

You are so right that we moms need some time to ourselves but it is really hard to do!

I am glad you got to get out of the house w/o a kiddo attached to your hip though! ")

Come check out my blog...I loved playing along with your Picture Tag! Thank You! You will see I found it to be a really extra special post too!

Ms. Cupcake said...

Dropping by from sits. Feel better soon. Glad to read you had some "Me" time!

The Blonde Duck said...

Stopping in from SITS to say hi!

jen@odbt said...

Getting out for a mom is so important. We need "me" time to re-energize. Glad you had a fun outing and more importantly, you know that Matt and Aiden can take care of each other.

Leah said...

stopping by from SITS...glad you were able to have a night out, but sorry you are not feeling great! :)

Yaya said...

Lol! I know what you mean...I try to 'go out' and can barely make it to 9!

Boo Bear's Place said...

Your little ones are cute! I have a 2 year old and I know getting ME time can be really hard sometimes but,its really important for our well beings.