Saturday, January 3, 2009

I Like Fish and Chickens

We live about an hour and a half from the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg and they give an amazing military discount so we go there pretty often. Right now they have a special exhibit right now called Living Babies in incubators. Last time we were there we actually got to see a chick hatch from an egg. Aiden loved it and I thought it was pretty exciting myself. When Matt asked Aiden if he would like to go to the aquarium this morning, he said, "Yay! I go to aquarium to see the chickens! I like fish and chickens!" So funny! It seems like we could find somewhere better than an aquarium to see chickens!


Aiden wasn't very cooperative with pictures today:



Matt asked me why I even bothered to bring my camera because I take the same pictures every time we visit. But I tried to get some different ones this time!

Playing in the Children's Interactive Area:

Matt asked if I could hold the horseshoe crab up for Aiden to touch. I put my hand in and pulled it up from under the rocks, but once it started moving all of its little legs, it freaked me out.

"Um... I'm actually really afraid of it!"

Here you stick your hand in the hole and feel what's inside. (Plastic seashells, lobsters, coral, etc.) Once you touch the object a light comes on so you can see what you're feeling. This was the first time that Aiden wasn't afraid to try this!







Here are a few of Aiden's favorite "fish"

"I'm going to wake those up, Mommy."

Living Babies in Incubators Exhibit

Baby Chicks:


Baby Alligators:



Baby Sharks:


I think Aiden had a really great time! I know I did...


6 comments:

Heatherlyn Colt said...

I liked your report on your family adventure. We do lots of things like that with our kids. I was surprised that you were squeamish about the crab (for real?) because I always imagine biology type people as very unsqueamish. I mean, chemistry people I could see as squeamish because it is so much about the math and chemicals but I always envisioned biology people as very used to that type of stuff. Anyway. How's that for MY lame stereotyping! Anyhoo, I personally love a day at the aquarium with my family (even by myself). That's one of our favorite things to do and we have to travel out of state to get to one!

AndreaLeigh said...

I'm just stopping by from SITS to say hello. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week!

Kati Sue* said...

That looks like sooo much fun! Serenity would have a blast!!!!

Heatherlyn Colt said...

Ok, so my husband saw the picture of the crab-thing that you didn't want to touch and got this look on his face and there is no way he would want to touch it either. :)

Kelly said...

We've been to that aquarium and I got some GREAT pics of those jellyfish. My boys loved it.

Stopping by from SITS to say hello. Happy New Year!

tara @ kidz said...

What a fun day! And cute pix! I LOVE Aiden's hair. Love it. =)