Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I Need Power"

Matt's friend was at his grandparent's house while they were doing some after-Christmas cleaning. While he was there he found an old Play Station 2 game that they played in middle school. He brought it over to our house and he and Matt were playing it when I got home with Aiden. It was Aiden's nap time, but I let him play for a few minutes because he was excited about the company. Well, in this game you have to collect power. (It doesn't look at all fun to me!) Aiden heard Matt and his friend say, "I need some power!" and when I took him to his room for nap, he said, "Mommy, can I have some power?" I laughed and said, "After nap."
.
I had completely forgotten about the power by the time Aiden woke up. He ran up to Matt, and said, "Daddy, I ready for my power now." I asked him if he could show me what power was and he took me into the kitchen and started looking around. I had some mini Reese's cups from his stocking stashed away and I got those out. He was fine with that.
Aiden's Power


He asked for power again last night but we didn't have any more Reese's cups, so I tried to give him a couple mini M&Ms. He looked at them and looked at me like I was crazy! "That not power, Mommy. That my potty treat." I said, "Well, that 's the only power we have right now." He shook his head and said, "Can I have lollipop?" Aiden listens to absolutely everything. We are going to have to be more careful about what we say!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

He is a character! and a little sponge soaking up everything!

Carole said...

We have "repeaters" in our house, it is so scary when we are out and something we said may come back to haunt us.

Love the blog!!
carole
xoxo

Heatherlyn said...

So cute! Smart kid! I like the idea of "power" that can be unwrapped and tastes sweet. I think see's chocolate truffles can be my power!

The Blonde Duck said...

LOL! That's so funny. It's like my dogs and "outside"...

Mel said...

I LOVE Aiden's power! I think I now need some power too. Thanks, Aiden!

Hula's Secret Blog said...

So cute!!!!

'that my potty treat'....hahahaha!

Yaya said...

He is so cute!

nikkicrumpet said...

Your blog is so dang cute. Very fun to look at. That little Aiden is just a doll. And you're right...they absorb everything you say...unless of course you WANT them to remember it! Loved the story. And congrats on the one in the oven!