Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm back!

Wow! It has been a really stressful and exhausting past few days.

First off, I've gone through some major family drama. I've been majorly stressed about this issue but couldn't bring myself to write about it. Things were really rocky for a few days, but I think everything will work itself out now.

Aiden has been really sick. We were actually in the ER until 3:30 this morning. He had a pretty bad cold earlier in the week and it just kept getting progressively worse. I took him to the doctor but we weren't able to see his primary physician. The doctor I saw prescribed him a medication that I questioned him about. I also questioned the pharmacist when picking it up and was assured that it was fine. Before bed, Matt gave Aiden the medicine and he woke up a few hours later with severe vomiting and a really high fever. We rushed him to the ER and were told that the medication that he had been prescribed was too strong for his system. Ugh! He's doing MUCH better today though!

I was just diagnosed with pregnancy-induced anemia today. I haven't been feeling all that great for the past couple of weeks. I kept getting really bad dizzy spells. It got really bad yesterday and I actually fainted. I went to the doctor this morning and was told that I have moderate anemia. Fortunately, this can be treated with iron supplements and I should be as good as new in a couple of months!

So it's not been a fun week, but everything is getting better. I've got a lot of catching up to do with the bloggy world! And I promise, my next post will be much happier!


5 comments:

Yaya said...

Oh dear, I hope y'all get healthy soon!!!!

Carole said...

Feel better soon!!!

carole
xoxo

pam said...

I hope you start to feel like yourself again soon.

Mommy's instincts are usually correct, aren't they? That was a serious mistake that shouldn't of happened! Hope he is feeling better as well.

Heatherlyn said...

I was wondering where you were! I'm so sorry you had to go through that with the medicine. It's amazing how Mom's really have instincts about these things. I'm glad it turned out well.

I take some sort of slow release iron (they undoubtedly gave you a prescription). It really helps. I hope you feel better soon!

Mommy of M's said...

Wow what a week. Hope everything works out ok.