Saturday, January 3, 2009

Look What Followed Me Home...

I got up at 6:30 this morning to go on a 6 mile run, but unfortunately I didn't get very far. Since moving back to TN, I haven't made any local friends who run so I obviously don't have a running partner. Instead, I run with my dog, Kenai. We had only a little over a mile this morning when a big dog ran up to us. Of course Kenai got really excited and started jerking me around. I yelled at the dog to go home but it paid me no attention. It kept following us and Kenai kept pulling so I decided to make it a short speed day instead of a long run. We turned around at the mile mark and the other dog followed us all the way home! It kept running out in the road and I was really worried that it was going to get hit so I let it in the basement.
.
It was such a sweet dog when I set down on the ground, it climbed up on my lap! So when Aiden woke up, I let him see the dog. He laughed and said, "Mommy! It's Lady!" I have no idea where that came from! We've been reading a book that has Lady and the Tramp in it, but that dog looked nothing like Lady! So funny!

"Lady" and Kenai

Playing rough


Sharing a bowl of water

When Matt got up, he let "Lady" and Kenai outside and Lady ran away. I was so upset! The dog probably belongs to someone and I knew that we couldn't keep it, but it really worries me that it's going to get hit by a car. I kept looking out the window for it to come back, but it never did. I really hope it finds its way home! :(

2 comments:

Ashley said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I noticed your bookshelf on your side bar and you are currently reading All Together Dead and have read some of the previous Sookie Stackhouse books. I just wanted to say that I LOVE them and just finished All Together Dead yesterday! I cannot wait to start the next one! Hope you are enjoying it! Btw, I also have a son named Ayden (obviously spelled different) and he's 4... have a GREAT weekend!

Heatherlyn Colt said...

I would imagine that it is difficult to find a running partner when you are running so many miles. How long does it usually take you to run 6? I'm glad you have a dog to take with you. It was very kind-hearted of you to embrace the new tag-a-long while he was with you.