Monday, January 26, 2009

"Mommy, cut my hair!"

Aiden was sitting beside me on the floor this morning watching Little Einsteins while I was getting ready for school. All of a sudden, he rubbed his head and said, "Mommy, cut my hair!" Matt and I exchanged a look. Where did this come from? This is the little boy who goes into hysterics every time I mention getting a trim. I said, "Who told you to tell Mommy that?" Without thinking about it, he answered, "Mamaw." (Matt's mom) Matt laughed and said, "She's caught!" I guess Aiden thought that he was going to get Mamaw in trouble because he started saying, "No! Aiden say that!"

OK, I admit Aiden is in a severe need of a trim.


But I really don't like having to pay $15 to get his hair cut. And the last time Matt attempted to cut his hair, it turned out slightly disasterous! No more of that!



After Matt gave him that horrible haircut, Aiden kept saying, "Aiden look good now!" It made me cry! So, I guess I'll be shelling out 15 dollars for a hair cut this weekend!

7 comments:

Sharlene said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out Tuesday's fundraiser! It means so much to me and her family!

Kristen said...

No matter what he is still adorable!
I just hope he doesn't decide to cut his own hair like I did growing up...it made Matt's attempt look great!

MyWorld said...

I about fell out of my chair when I read the title to this! Ha! Too funny.

Chris said...

How cute that he was trying to protect his Mamaw. My DS would protect his Mamaw too.
You asked me if I was interested in the bloggy awards. I am, but I don't know how to do it. Can you help? Thanks!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I am going to have to go with you on this one. Definitely do not let Matt cut Aiden's hair again. Granted, he is still super cute, no matter what his hair looks like, but I just don't think Matt has a future as a "stylist."

Consider the $15 an investment in Aiden's self-confidence! :)

-Francesca

The Blonde Duck said...

Awww! That sounds like a bad day all over!

Heatherlyn said...

It was inevitable that he would ask you sometime! I hate paying money for hair cuts for my boys too. So I usually ask them to cut it very very short and then let it grow back out for 2 or 3 months and then repeat.

I think he's still a handsome little boy.

I always waited to cut my little boys hair for probably longer than I should have because I just, all of a sudden when you cut it they look so grown up!