Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year, New Bloggy Awards!!!

What a great way to start out a brand new year! My friend Kristen at Something about Nothin gave me these two awards. And to be fair, it has taken me quite some time to get the first one up! She gave this one to me the day that I got my BFP and I was a little preoccupied to say the least! Thank you Kristen for these great awards!

This award is a fine one because it focuses not on the glory and fanfare of blogging, but in the PROXIMITY to one another through this on-line world (kind of a Six Degrees of Separation sort of thing)."Blogs who receive this award are 'exceedingly charming' say its authors.This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement.

Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."



The Friends Award is given to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and to be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. The hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Those who receive this award must choose eight more bloggers who will include this text on their blog with the award.

I think these awards are pretty similar so I want to give both of them to the following eight bloggers, some of who I already think of as friends and some that I hope to become friends with soon!

~B~ at My Life
Chris at Our Life

5 comments:

Yaya said...

Cool!

Kati Sue* said...

Awesome. Thanks! I will get them up on Monday.. we have a bday party and the Steelers playoff game!! Woot! Go Steelers!

Heatherlyn said...

Wow. Thanks for the bloggy award. Those are really thoghtful ones! I'm still wondering whoever was the first person to come up with the idea of a bloggy award anyway!

Jenny/Moravia said...

Awesome! Thanks so much Melissa. It made my day :)

~Emily~ said...

How cool! Thank you very much.