Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Random Facts Tag

Heatherlyn from the Colt Family Blog just tagged me. For this tag, I am supposed to list 7 random facts about myself. I had a tag like this a while back, but I'm going to challenge myself to come up with 7 more weird things that you don't know about me! And if you haven't read Heatherlyn's blog, you should definitely check it out!

1. I really do NOT like to sleep. I've never grown out of the "I might miss something if I fall asleep" phase. Even on days when I'm really exhausted because I only slept for 4 hours the night before, I can't make myself go to bed before midnight! Of course, Aiden doesn't like to sleep either!

2. I get bored really easily. I can't stand to stay home all day. I have to get out of the house and do something every day. Aiden is constantly asking me, "What are we going to do today." Because I always have some sort of plan!

3. I am obsessed with Gymboree. I have to buy something for Aiden there almost every time we go to the mall. The clothes for Aiden are really cute, but the girl stuff is like 10 times better. It's going to be really bad if this baby is a girl....

4. I lose my car keys all the time (Heatherlyn had this one on her blog too). Half of the time, I end up emptying my entire tote and still can't find them. Then I walk to my car and realize that I left them in the ignition! In the parking lot with my doors unlocked. I am so lucky my car hasn't been stolen.

5. I LOVE glittery lip gloss. I seriously have 15 tubes of it right now. Do I need all of that? Of course not. But any time I see a lip gloss on sale, I cannot pass it up.

6. I am fascinated by sharks. When I was younger, I used to watch the Discovery Channel's shark week and take notes! I read this article about a place in Belize where you can swim with nurse sharks. I would Love to do that!

7. I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They don't have a store in Anchorage, but people have them shipped up for fundraisers. Matt bought me a box of plain Krispy Kreme doughnuts once and I ate all twelve of them before he got home from work! Needless to say, I don't get them that often!

Now, I have to tag 7 others to list 7 random facts about themselves:

1. Pam at Country Mouse, City Mouse
2. Staci at Playing House
3. Carole at Youngest of 3 Sisters
4. April the Tuperware Diva
5. Jennifer at Braving Boyhood- My Journey on Raising Boys
6. Mary Beth at Boo Bear's Place
7. Kati Sue* at Backwoods Homemaker Barbie


10 comments:

pam said...

For sure, I will play along. Thanks for thinking of me.

Staci said...

I will post in the morning! I need some time to think! :) Thanks for thinking of me! Also, I am a gymboholic. I love it for Anthony, but Madison FORGET ablout it! 99.9% of her clothes come from there... I <3 Gymboree too!

Heatherlyn said...

OK, I can so relate to a lot of your things. I really enjoyed gymboree when my girls were younger. And the clothing is so high quality that it lasts through three girls like new. I even learned how to shop there and use the gymbucks and get great deals on their sales.

I love glitter anything. Lip gloss counts!

I love Krispy Kreme, mostly the fresh glazed. Have you had them right from the oven? I love how they melt in your mouth. YUM!

I can ONLY wish I had your energy!!!!! I can push myself, but I must have some sort of weakness in my neck and if I don't get enough sleep I end up with sore throats. It's so lame.

I love to get out of the house with my kids. I love to have a project, an outing, a plan. Love it!

You are a really neat person!

Kristen said...

Love learning more about you. You could come do the Krispy Kreme Challenge with us in Feb. You get to run 2 miles, eat 12 doughnuts, and then run 2 miles back!

Kati Sue* said...

Thanks! I am going to get this up soon.. I have been working on the award and this in a draft!!

Heatherlyn said...

I finally passed on the bloggy awards you gave me. And a couple others. I have one in there for you too! I'm glad because you are one of my favorite bloggers of all!

Heatherlyn said...

ps (my daughter bought sparkly lip gloss today and I totally thought of you. :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Sparkly lip gloss is a staple in every happy duckie's life.

April said...

I'm visiting from SITS! I enjoyed reading your list...I LOVE Krispy Kreme doughnuts, too! Yummy!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Melissa, I had to de-lurk this morning and tell you how much I adore your blog design. What fun! Are you responsible for this bit of HTML genius that I am seeing? (I didn't see the name of a web designer anywhere.)

Let's make your day a bit more enjoyable and add another follower to your side-bar. Look...there we are.

-Francesca