Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sometimes it's Good to Follow Directions...

Last night, we attempted the Kool-Aid fingerpaint for the second time. I remembered ALL of the ingreedients this time and it turned out quite differently!

Without flour:


With Flour:


This recipe makes a pretty good fingerpaint. It smells really good and has an interesting texture. It's really thick paint.

Well, I spent quite a bit of time fingerpainting, but unfortunately Aiden was too worried about getting his hands dirty! He had to have a paint brush!
Should I touch it?! I think I'll pass...
I really liked this fingerpaint. The recipe makes a TON. But it was really too thick to use with a paint brush. The paint stuck to the bristles so Aiden didn't much care for this project. He much preferred when I didn't follow the directions!

6 comments:

Mel said...

BIG difference! Analese also won't get her hands dirty. I took her to a fingerpainting class and told her it was OK to get dirty, and she still would not do it!

Ann said...

That is such a fun thing to do with your kids. Someday you will wish they hated getting their fingers dirty.

Luciano said...

I understand that this girl is already a great artist ...... or wrong?

Staci said...

My son would LOVE this! I will have to try it this week!

Heatherlyn said...

I'm so going to try this. My kids would enjoy it a lot.

I have a son who still doesn't like getting his hands messy. (Carving out the inside of his pumpkin is akin to torture in his mind.)

But this paint even smells good, right?

Melody said...

Oh my goodness. This makes me miss you guys so incredibly badly. Can you just come home????? Ill meet you in JC! Please give all my boys (all three) a kiss from me and an I LOVE YOU! Miss you Melissa.