Thursday, January 8, 2009

Taken Aback Thursday

Surprised. Stunned. Shocked. Astonished. Astounded. Amazed.... These are all great words to describe how I'm feeling today.

Yesterday, I was Sick, Nauseous, Achy, Exhausted, and Craving icing (the kind you get on birthday cakes at the grocery store) with plain salty potato chips. These descriptions led me straight to Walgreens. And oh, yes.. I knew....



The reason for my surprise is that I'm on the pill. And I have taken it Absolutely Perfectly. I have an extremely loud and annoying alarm set on my cell phone which I keep beside my pills. So I never even take the darn thing five minutes late! However, I have an extremely large ovarian cyst that my doctor has been watching and she now believes that the cyst has been secreting hormones which have made my birth control ineffective.

Needless, to say this is a huge and unexpected event. We're supposed to be moving and I'll be at 8 months at that time. Oh and I haven't told Matt yet.... I am so worried about his reaction. This is going to change everything. I know there are so many women who would Love to be in my position... It's really exciting to think about another baby but right now I am mostly Scared!!!

15 comments:

Megryansmom said...

Aha, explains the bleeding at the dentist's. I'm surprised the hygenist didn't ask you if you were pregnant. Congrats, it'll all be ok.

Jenny/Moravia said...

Congrats! And Ditto to it being ok!

Heatherlyn Colt said...

Congratulations! Children sure do change everything. We like to think that life will go exactly as we plan it. And the more we plan, the more we think that. Even if kids are born exactly when we think they should be their little personalities can be different than we plan.

Does that mean your birth control isn't helping your cyst?

I think you are a good mom.

You know, if your kids are closer in age it can be kind of stressful for a few years (fun, too) and then they all grow up around the same time and THAT can be very nice.

Keep us posted!

oh, and I just have to add, it never ceases to amaze me the complete miracle of reproduction. Two people come together and wala! A whole other completely unique person is born. AMAZING.

Erin said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I totally understand your surprise, we weren't trying with this pregnancy and i was about a week late but just figured it was stress and just went to Wal-Mart and grabbed a cheapy test thinking there was NO way i could be pregnant but i wanted to make sure b/c i was still smoking. I think we DTD 2 times that month but lo and behold, it was positive!

Kati Sue* said...

Yea! Congrats! Things always hapen 4 a reason.. and it all works itself out in the end... your a great mommy and you will have a blast with #2!

Kristen said...

Congratulations...he may have already guessed from your french fry dipping sauce and other cravings.
You guys will make it work...you guys seem like such great parents already!

I left you a photo tag

Noah's Mommy said...

Oh my goodness...Congrats...I why is it the first couple of days...even when you plan it...are scary...I know it will all work out great...

MyWorld said...

Wow! Congratulations!!

Kara said...

Congratulations!! It will all work out fine! Life is so unexpected sometimes but you just have to roll with it. I'm sure you guys can handle this. Congrats again!

Mommy of M's said...

Congrats!! Little ones are the BEST surprises!! Although 2 little ones are a LOT OF WORK!!

From your dinner menu the other night your huband probably figured it out!!

Jen said...

Stopping by from SITS. Isn't life full of surprises and unexpected things? I hope you're feeling well and am sure it will work out for you all. Congratulations!

Melissa said...

Heatherlyn, I started taking the pill when I was in high school for the cysts and it worked fine until I had Aiden. Ever since then I've been having problems with them again. My doctor was planning on giving me a new type in Jan. to see if it would work any better. But she said this pregnancy could resolve the issue. Don't know. I'm going to be talking to my OB about it on Friday. We'll see...

Joelle said...

Sometimes life itself takes over the planning for you! Congrats! I'm sure that all will work out just as it should! What an adventure. :)

Lynette said...

Congrats to both of yall!
New house coming up and a new life.
What a way to start.
Baby boy will have some one to share all of his life's lil secrets with.
Shocked as you are, the warmth and glow will over take you soon.
Congrats again SITS-er!

Karen said...

Congratulations! I am way behind on my blog reading. I found out I was pregnant with #2 at about 9 weeks....obviously a surprise. After the initial shock wore off, I was so excited. Congrats again!!