Monday, January 12, 2009

Way Too Emotional...

I was driving to work this morning. I was in a really good mood because I was going to take off early so we could take Aiden skiing after lunch. And then this Darius Rucker song came on my radio. Here are some of the lyrics:


He didnt have to wake up
He'd been up all night
Laying there in bed listening
To his newborn baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee
He splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says
It's gonna be OK


It wont be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laughing
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
It wont be like this for long


Four years later about four thirty
She's crawling in their bed
And when he drops her off at preschool
She's clinging to his leg
The teacher peels her off of him
He says what can I do
She says now don't you worry
This will only last a week or two


It won't be like this for long...


And I burst into tears! I hate being this emotional! I don't remember it being this bad when I was pregnant the first time. I had to remind myself that Aiden is just 2 and a half. He's getting more and more independent every day, but that's the point! I need to just enjoy every day and stop worrying about him growing up too quickly. Oh my! These pregnancy hormones are really doing me in this time!

4 comments:

Kati Sue* said...

Ahh! That is a really good song.. its still wierd to see him as a country artist.. but whatever!

Those hormones get you everytime! They sure so grow up tooo fast...

Heatherlyn said...

I think that the emotions that remind us how quickly our kids grow up help us to have patience when they frustrate us a bit. I always remember how fast it is going by and then I feel more loving and forgiving when my children do their best to make me crazy!

Your little ones will be grown up in a blink. It seems like forever until they are in kindergarten, but once they hit about 4th grade, WOW.

Simply, enjoy it all!

And let us know how the skiing went. It sounds like super fun for the entire family.

Joelle said...

I don't even have the pregnancy hormones and I cry at that song. And my little guy is only 4.5 months! It's too fast, but such a blessing.

Our Little Family said...

I completely understand! I am not pregnant and I cry everytime I hear it! It is actually my ringtone on my phone too! We Mama's are very sentimental!