Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I want to thank everyone for their kind comments, thoughts, and prayers. It's amazing how many wonderful people you meet in the bloggy world. I'll post an update tomorrow. Today needs to be a day of happy thoughts.

I feel like I've been a really bad mom lately (See? Happy thougts!). I have just been emotionally drained this week and completely exhausted on top of that. Aiden has been watching too many movies by far. I think he's watched more TV this week than he normally watches in 3 months. I felt guilty about it but I just couldn't seem to pull myself out of the rut. But yesterday, I came up with an activity for him. We made Matt a Valentine's day card.
Making wings!



I made the heart by painting down the pinky side of both of Aiden's hands and curling them to together to form a heart.

Ready for assembly

"Can we make another one, Mommy?"

A card for Daddy


Aiden had a lot of fun making his "hoo-hoo owl" and it really lifted my spirits. I'm going to really focus on spending time with Aiden and doing activities that are fun for him. Not only is it good for him, it's good for me as well.

7 comments:

Staci said...

The card is adorable!!! I hope you have a FAB Valentine's day!

jen@odbt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jen@odbt said...

What a great card...very creative. Have a great Valentines. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Hope your grandfather is doing better.

pam said...

Too sweet. I love that kind of card, it will be treasured forever.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Heatherlyn said...

That's precious. I love how you incorporated the hoo-hoo into it. You are right that doing projects with your child is uplifting to you and the child. It kind of gets you out of yourself for a moment and the kids just LOVE it. That valentine is a keeper! I hope you are able to have a good weekend. :)

Mel said...

I love Aiden's hoo-hoo owl!! You are so super creative to come up with all these neat crafts! And you are a GREAT mom. Sometimes we all use the electronic babysitter (TV). Glad I have it sometimes!

Karen said...

The card is adorable!! Michael has the same train shirt and loves it.