Saturday, February 28, 2009

I did a Terrible Thing...

OK, that might be a slight exaggeration, but what I did made me feel like a pretty awful mom!

Aiden and I went to the mall with my mom and sister today. While we were waiting for my mom to get her hair cut, Aiden noticed all the colorful gumball machines in the middle of the mall. I have never let him have one before, but my sister was getting one, so I thought that I would let him try one. I haven't had a gumball in forever and I decided that I was going to get one as well. Aiden did fine with his gum until he dropped it on the floor and I had to throw it away. Of course, he wasn't too happy about it, but he got over it pretty quickly.

We had gone out to lunch and Aiden had brought his to-go cup in the car. Once he finished it, I tossed my gum in the cup. We went to a few other places and later in the day, I bought a water. When we were in the car, Aiden asked if he could have a drink. At first I handed him the bottle, but my sister told me that he was getting spit all in it. Then I saw his cup, poured some water in it, and handed it to him.

When we got home, I brought the cup inside and went to pour out what was left of Aiden's water before throwing the cup away. As I was pouring out the water, my gum fell into the sink! I felt awful for giving him a drink with my old chewed gum in it!

8 comments:

jen@odbt said...

LOL. Stuff like that happens and at least it was your gum and not someone else's found who knows where...not that I'm saying that's happened to one of my kids :)

Staci said...

lol! gross... At least it was YOUR gum!

~~Mel~~ said...

Oh the things that have likely been in that boys mouth...and there's likely more to come too...don't feel too guilty!

Heatherlyn said...

I got a little chuckle out of that. Sometimes my kids want gum and I don't have any but the gum in my mouth and my little kids will take it and be happy. Gross? Yep. At least Aiden had a lovely day with his Mom and was never the wiser to the addition in his cup!

Mel said...

I guess it didn't bother him. I agree, at least it was YOUR gum and not some of unknown origin!

Yaya said...

Hahaha! If that's the worst thing you do as a mom I think you'll be just fine!

Kati said...

When I first started reading.. I thought it was in his hair.. phew! Gross.. yes.. but at least it was your gum!

pam said...

Just think of it this way...his water was flavoured!