Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Back... Again!

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and all of the nice comments that were left. I have "met" some truly amazing women through blogging!

A quick update: My grandmother is originally from Germany and she met my grandfather when he was stationed there with the US army. They were married when she was 18 and she then moved to the United States. I can only imagine what she is going through right now. Aiden and I have been spending a lot of time with her trying to keep her spirits up and once we get home at night, I've been too exhausted to blog. My grandmother is lucky to have a great support system, a big family and lots of close friends. I know that she will be happy again.

I don't really know how you're "supposed to act" when you lose a loved one. I love my grandfather and I miss him terribly, but I think it's time for us to get back to our normal day to day routine. (Is it normal to feel guilty about that?)

5 comments:

Kati said...

It is definitely normal to feel guilty and sad.. but it is also normal to be ready to move on...

pam said...

Don't feel guilty, you have a young child who need his routines. Also, it is all part of the grieving process. Still thinking of you:)

Karen said...

I think it's normal to still feel sad but your grandfather would want you to continue to live your life and be happy. My grandmother passed away 3 years ago and there are still times that I wish she was here. I don't know if it ever goes away!!

Heatherlyn said...

I don't know if it is normal to feel guilty about being normal. But I think it is healthy to be normal. Our loved ones would want us to be as productive as possible. That certainly doesn't mean that we forget about them! We remember!

Megryansmom said...

So very sorry for the loss of your beloved grandfather.