Friday, February 6, 2009

Need. Sleep.

Normally, I don't like to sleep. I'm rarely in bed before midnight and I'm up before 6. But right now I would sleep all day if I could! I was exhausted like this when I was pregnant with Aiden too. The only difference then was that I could take naps and sleep through the night (except for the occasional trip to the bathroom). Aiden was sleeping through the night before he was a month old. I even had to set an alarm and wake him up to feed him. Now, it's a different story...

For the last two weeks, Aiden has been waking up screaming for me 2-3 times a night. It's absolutely exhausting! So he's been day-time potty-trained for about a month now, but I put him in a diaper at night. He's almost always dry when he wakes up (without having to get up in the middle of the night to potty), but last night, he woke me up at 1 and 3 and needed me to take him to the bathroom. Then he had a bad dream at 4:30 and then again at 5:15. The fourth time I had to get up with him, I laughed and told Matt that he must be preparing me for September. It's not even 9:30 and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open! How am I going to do this without caffeine?! It's going to be a long day!

9 comments:

April said...

I feel for you :(

potty training .. sounds like it is going good. Do you have any tips for a mom that will start doing this soon... ??

April

Kati Sue* said...

You know.. after about 6 weeks of no sleep.. I drank my coffee again..

Heatherlyn said...

I feel for you. Having more than one child makes it really difficult to get the sleep you need when you are pregnant with another one. And there are few things worse than feeling really tired all the time. Don't feel guilty if you are able to sneak in some rest during the day, you deserve it!

Karen said...

This same thing happened to me with Michael at the beginning of this pregnancy. We finally had to get a gate for his door to keep him from coming to our room every night. The real solution came when we moved him into his new room and got his bunk beds. He only wakes up once a night about once a week....heavenly! I hear you on needing sleep....I have been much more tired this time around.

♥georgie♥ said...

I feel for you...exhausting but so rewarding...

Hope you have a great weekend!

~~Mel~~ said...

If you can sneak in a nap...do it! I would.

Joanna said...

You give up and drink a little caffeine. That's what I did.

pam said...

It seems that kids go through these night waking cycles. (at least mine do) Hoping you get some rest soon.

Brimful Curiosities said...

ahh, sounds like good preparation for the one who has yet to arrive. I don't think I've gotten 8 hours of sleep all at once in well, way over a year! Completely understand.