Monday, March 23, 2009

And then he's as sweet as can be...

Today, Aiden was back to being my sweet little boy again! I just have to share some of the cute things that he did and said.

Y Aiden found a teether this morning and he was holding it in the car. I told him that he used to chew on it when he was a baby and getting his teeth. He said, "I will keep it for the baby. When he comes, the baby and Aiden can play with it."

Y We went to my mom's house this afternoon and she had one cookie left. It was actually my sister's but she had given it to my mom. When Mandy saw that Mom had given it to Aiden, she started to fake cry. It made Aiden feel so bad. He pushed the cookie away and went to find something else. When Mandy finally told him that she didn't want it and he could have it, he ate it. I have never seen a child his age that sensitive to someone's feelings!

Y We were driving home this afternoon when out of nowhere Aiden said, "Mommy, you are my very best friend".

Y Before Matt rocked him tonight, Aiden came up to me and said, "I had a really great time with you today, Mommy."

Y When Matt was putting Aiden to bed, I heard him say, "I really like Mommy."

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful little boy!

9 comments:

~~Mel~~ said...

Awww! He really is such a cute kid. See, he was just having 'one of those days' yesterday.

Jessica [Buggie Bows] said...

Awwww! My daughter always tells me im her best friend! It makes me feel so good!

Zoey's Mommy said...

Awww!! (I feel really unoriginal right now since this is the third time it's been said!) I just love how he told you that you're his best friend. Lately Z has been telling me, "mommy, you are my bestest friend EVER"! Glad to see he's back to his normal self!!

Kati said...

Ahhh! I would like to through you a virtual baby shower.. if that is okay with you!

Aileigh said...

Awwww... how sweet is he!?!?! :) Don't ya just love it when they come up with things like this. It makes it all worth while! :)

April said...

awwww... your best friend... that is just the sweetest thing :)

jen@odbt said...

See? There's that little sweet little boy. What a difference from the previous weekend.

Heatherlyn said...

That is sooo sweet. It's so good that you are saving all these little memories of him. You are a wonderful Mom!

Stephanie said...

That is so sweet!!