Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Beautiful Day!

I've really been enjoying these nice, warm spring days. I've been able to go for long walks and we've been able to play outside all afternoon. Aiden is even learning how to pedal on his big wheel! Unfortunately, it's supposed to be getting cold again. There's even some snow in the Why???


Today, Aiden wanted to play with "chalk paint." I thought it was a wonderful idea because I LOVE playing with it too!





Can you tell that I like to play too?!

Aiden is learning to draw actual pictures now! Do all children draw people with a head and two legs? (His person is above the A in his name) My mom had saved some pictures that I drew when I was about his age and they are almost identical! So Cute!
*A Quick Warning *
If you have never used the sidewalk chalk paint before and you have a light driveway, it does NOT wash off! When I first bought this for Aiden last summer, I took it to my parent's house so my little sister and Aiden could paint together. It took 3 months for the paint to wear off their driveway!

6 comments:

Shimmermeblue said...

Looks like you 2 had some fun with that chalk! I think all kids make thier people that way! My 2 boys did, and so did my siblings that are WAY younger than me. (Like litterally almost young enough to be my kids had I started in my early teans lol)

~~Mel~~ said...

That looks like so much fun! I have never heard of sidewalk chalk paint before.

~~Mel~~ said...

Or did you just mix the chalk with some paint...lol. I'm confused!

The Bush Family said...

Awww me and my lil man played outside today too! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I need to get some of that stuff, I bet my lil one would love it! :)

Lara said...

It looks like ya'll had so much fun. I love playing with chalk! I think that most kids start out making "people" with just a head and 2 legs. Then they'll add 2 arms, then hair, then eyes, mouth, and nose....and THEN a body! It's a gradual process. haha!!

Heatherlyn said...

It's good to know about how long it takes to wear off. My kids enjoy playing with chalk. Quite a bit.

I enjoy the spring weather, too. I'm looking forward to April. I hope it won't snow after April!