Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Big Dog Story

Our neighbors have a gigantic dog. He's actually still a puppy and he's very friendly, but he is huge. Bigger than Aiden. During the early fall, Aiden and I were outside and our neighbors had the dog on a long leash which was staked in their yard. Aiden was really curious because he had never seen a dog that big before. Once I knew the dog was friendly, I let Aiden pet him. At first, the dog was really calm and just sat there letting us pet it. Then all of a sudden, it put its paws on Aiden's shoulders, licked his face, and knocked him back on the ground. Although Aiden wasn't scared, I thought that was enough dog petting for the day.

Ever since that day, I've wanted to get a picture of Aiden and that dog, but had never gotten the opportunity. This weekend, we were playing outside with Kenai when the huge dog came running towards us pulling his long leash and the stake behind him. Aiden was a bit more timid around him this time, but I did manage to get a few pictures before returning the dog to its house.

I didn't get very good pictures, because Kenai and the other dog were having a blast playing together. Kenai's goal the entire time was go under the gigantic dog. When she finally achieved her goal, she was so excited!

A Comparison Photo: I can't even imagine feeding a dog that big!




8 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

That is a BIG BLACK dog! It's a good thing he is friendly! Aiden is very brave.

Amanda in GA said...

Stopping over from SITS to say hello!

jen@odbt said...

That is a huge dog. Not sure if I would have gone back. Reminds me of Beethoven (the movie dog).

Yaya said...

Wow that's a big dog!
My dogs aren't always the best w/ adults but they are always amazing with kids. it's like they know it's just a kid and they have to be kind!

Jenni Jiggety said...

That is a VERY big dog! Is his name CLifford?

Jamie said...

I'm dropping by from Backwoods Homemaker Barbie's blog. He's a Newfoundland....My grandparents had a dog like him...Very cute.

Single Girl said...

Hey I love your blog background! It is soooo cute. I have a huge thing for owls so I am JEALOUS!

Happy tuesday, your son is cute!

Kati said...

That is how I picked her! I saw she did yours and checked out her site.. and here we are!!