Monday, March 30, 2009

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs

In honor of the warmer weather, I decided that Aiden and I would do some "Springy" activities this week. Today, we read The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle and then made a ladybug of our own.



While I was getting everything ready, Aiden was running around acting crazy! He stripped down to his underwear. What can I say, it must be a family thing! (see today's earlier post) Then he found the glitter and asked if we could use it on our activity. I'm so proud of him for coming up with a creative idea all by himself!

He was so excited about using the glitter that he threw the spots on the ladybug as quickly as he could. Saying, "Is it time for the glitter now?!"

He said, "That is way too much!!!"


Our finished bug!

13 comments:

pam said...

Awesome job! Is it on your fridge?

Carole said...

Love it!

Heatherlyn said...

That glitter was a nice touch! Smart! It looks great!

And I love bugs. As long as they are not in my house and I don't have to touch them!

Jo said...

Very cool! I can't wait to do craft projects with my Aiden!

Miss Eve said...

How fantastic is this! I just decided the other day, when I will have a kid, I will spend 1 hour every day to create something with her/him...I love to do hand made things myself and I think it's a great start to open the kids eyes for art :-) Lovely bug :-) Love, Evi

Queenie Jeannie said...

Such a cute ladybug made by such a cute kid!!! Great pics!

Sarah said...

Cute little project.
I like his train shirt!

April said...

I love your lady bug!!!! cute !

Aubrey said...

So cute! I love how he gets exciting over glitter!
It turned out great!

~~Mel~~ said...

It turned out great!

The underwear thing...we were just discussing it today...boys love to be in their underwear lol.

{and I guess we love it too sometimes}

King J's Queen said...

Too cute!

Megryansmom said...

You always have such great ideas for preschool crafts. I've been so busy spinning wheels lately that I've neglected coming over to check out your creations. Nice to see you participating in the I Heart Art Carnival.

*sara* said...

Awesome! I love ladybugs and love the glitter!