Sunday, March 22, 2009

I don't even know what to say...

There's been a lot of baby talk within my family lately. Everyone is pretty excited about us having another baby. Everyone except Aiden that is. He started out saying that he was going to help me give the baby a bath and share his movies, but the more he hears about the baby, the less he is liking the idea.

Today, my sister in law, Melody told me that when she took him to the Children's Museum last weekend, he said, "There is going to be no baby at my house" when she asked him about being a big brother. Uh oh.

I know when the time comes, he is going to adjust really well and they will be close. So I've been trying to leave the whole issue alone and keep baby talk to a minimum in front of him. However, not everyone in my family is doing that and Aiden is constantly hearing about being a big brother. And I guess today he was desperately seeking attention. I see no other explanation for why he did this...

Aiden was playing outside when he started doing his "pee-pee dance" so I quickly took him to the bathroom. He looked up at me and said, "I'm going to pee pee on you." I told him that that wasn't nice and sat him on the potty. I didn't sit right there and watch him the entire time and he pretended to use the potty. I've been trying to get him to learn to pull up his pants by himself. So when I helped him off the potty, I let him stand there for a minute. He was looking at me with this serious expression on his face and then he said, "I'm peeing on you" just as I felt something warm on my pant leg. I could not believe it! Why would my sweet little boy do something so disgusting?!

9 comments:

Zoey's Mommy said...

Yikes!! I wish I had some advice for you. Zoey is SO excited to be a big sister! Sometimes I think she's more excited than we are.

Good luck in the next few months!

Melissa said...

Oh no! I wish I could say something that I know would work, but I didn't have a problem when I was expecting my second. The oldest one loved it and was a great helper once the baby came. Maybe he's just upset now and things will change once he meets the baby and realizes the new baby won't replace him.

Miss Eve said...

Oh it's taugh...Maybe he doesn't like the idea of being a "big" brother...maybe he's prefer to stay the "small one" in the family. I would try not to use the "big brother" expression around him. But it's taugh. As the lady said above me, I'm sure it will goes away, but all I can think is, he's afraid to loose the position of the "smallest one". Don't be sad about it, I think it's his strong expression about something he doesn't feel comfortable about. Thanks for share this Melissa and I'm verry happy to see you on my blog. Love: Evi

jen@odbt said...

Uhoh about the pee. I think it's a hard concept for him to understand. He can't see the baby. He may be thinking there's going to be less time for him too. It's so hard to figure out what's going through their heads. I'm sure once baby arrives, he'll be all over him.

Heatherlyn said...

When my Mom was having her 4th (and last) baby, she told my younger brother (he was about 4 at the time) and he said, "I'm going to throw that baby in the trash can!). Aiden is pretty smart. He's feeling jealous. And he's pretty vocal about it. At least you know how he feels. I guess that gives you something to work with. I hope it's a phase that passes!

pam said...

I think he is probably just showing some jealousy and maybe he is a little angry at you. Don't worry, he will come around. He knows how much you love him and he loves you too.

I know that my oldest daughter has never gotten over my son coming a long. LOL

~~Mel~~ said...

It's a really tough situation...obviously your family is excited and hope that Aiden is too...but right now he's not cool with the idea at all! Hopefully on his own time (but before the baby comes) he'll warm up to the idea.

blueviolet said...

I think it will work itself out. In a way it sounds like he's testing you to make sure that you still love him, no matter what. I could be way off but that's what popped in my head when I read this. Sorry about the peepee on the leg but it'll be funny one day!

phillip said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.