Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just for fun ~ Intelligender

So for those of you not familar with it, Intelligender is a new gender prediction test. There were so many moms-to-be talking about this in the September 2009 birth board on Baby Center that I became really curious. And when I found out that Walgreens just recently started carrying the test, I had to try it. I am a scientist after all (kinda, right? I do work in a science lab...)! LOL


Lab tests have shown that the test is 90% accurate in predicting the gender of your baby, but real world testing has shown to be 82% accurate. While there is no way that I would go out and start buying baby things based on the results of this test, I thought it would be fun to try...


Directions: Pee in the cup, collect 20mL and put in test cup, swirl, and wait 10 minutes


Expected Results

Waiting....

According to Intelligender, it's a ....


When I was pregnant with Aiden, I just KNEW that he was going to be a boy from the beginning. This time I kinda feel like I'm having a girl... We will (hopefully) see who's right in a month or so!

10 comments:

Zoey's Mommy said...

How exciting! I can't wait to find out what you're having!

I didn't know you could get this at Walgreens. I think I might be making a trip to get it! How much was it and where in the store did you find it?

Lara said...

That is so interesting! One of my sisters is about 6 weeks pregnant and I'm going to let her know about it. I looked it up and it said that you had to be 10 weeks so she'll have to wait a little bit. I can't wait to see if it's accurate for you!

April said...

OMG.. What a product. I can't wait to see if it is right or not!!!! hehehehehe

A FiveOh4 Uplifting said...

I can't wait to see if its right or wrong! I have never heard of this test. Have An Awesome Weekend!!

Heatherlyn said...

So now I am totally curious.

At first when you said you were pregnant I pictured you with a girl. Because that would seem so perfect. Then I thought, but what if it is another boy? Two cute little Aiden types. And then you will be surrounded by the Y chromosome!!! But it will be wonderful no matter what!!!

~~Mel~~ said...

Boys are so much fun! But at 82% accurate I don't know that I'd be running out buy all blue.

I had never heard of this but will keep it in mind when the time comes for us to start having babies...even if the test is just for fun.

Jennifer said...

How fun! Will you be finding out the gender by ultrasound? If it is two boys, you will love it! It's amazing how quickly the "buddy up"!!!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

What a cool test, I hope it's true. When pg with #2 we did the string test, it said it was a girl ... LOL. The pg was so different from Cole I thought for sure, but nope it was a boy. He's a clinger and mom says because I was wishing for a girl and he's showing me that he's better .. LOL

Carrie77 said...

I can't wait to hear if its right or not!! I bet the suspense is too hard to take! lol

Aubrey said...

THAT is a cool test! I wish they had something like that when I had my last one. I would have been buying one each month! LOL

Can't wait to see if you find out with your May appointment what you are having.