Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Learning Lessons

Can I please get another vote for the Awful Mom Award?

Matt, Aiden, and I were getting ready to leave for my sister's 10th birthday party when I realized that I had forgotten to wrap her present! I was rushing around looking for wrapping paper, but we only had some leftover paper from Christmas. So, I quickly grabbed a few of Aiden's finger paintings and wrapped her present with those. (She loved it by the way!) Aiden had been sitting at the table being really quiet during this whole time when suddenly he started screaming and crying. I jumped up and asked him what was wrong. As soon as I stepped closer to him I could smell him and already knew what had happened. I had gotten a sample perfume from Victoria's Secret and Matt was going to give it to his mom. He had put it on the table so we wouldn't forget to take it to her and Aiden ended up spraying himself with it right in the eye! I immediately washed his eye and he told me that it felt better, but it was bright red and swollen. Once again, I felt terrible!

My poor baby...


We went to the birthday party and after an hour, Aiden's eye looked completely normal. It didn't phase him at all. But when I asked him about spraying perfume, he said, "I won't ever do that again." I hope not.

7 comments:

Kati said...

Ahhhh! Serenity has done it before...

Shimmermeblue said...

Aww, that poor little guy. My boys have done that before too. They just love to squirt anything lol.

jen@odbt said...

Oh, he just looks so sad. Glad he's all better. That stuff does sting.

~~Mel~~ said...

Poor Aiden!!! Glad the swelling didn't last too long.

pam said...

We have been down that road.

Ms Cupcake said...

Awww.

Checking in from sits! It's Hump Day.

I have a new giveaway on my blog.

Zen Cupcake: New Giveaway! Barbie Turns 50 Years Old!

Have a great day!

Together We Save said...

Poor little guy.