Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My First (and Last) Pregnancy Run

I went to the doctor the other day and my iron is getting better! My doctor even said that it would be fine for me to run as long as I started out slowly. When I told Matt, he said it was a bad idea and he really didn't think I should attempt it. Hmm.... Matt is obviously very smart and he gives me lots of good advice, but he is killing me with all of his medical advice! He hasn't even started his first year of med school and he hasn't taken any medical classes, but he thinks that he knows more than my doctor who has been practicing for over 10 years!

Even though it drives me crazy, I normally listen to his medical suggestions too. But I've really missed running... So, shhh.... it's a secret... I went for a run today! Um... yeah. A whole fourth of a mile! My heart was pounding and I couldn't catch my breath. I'm sure I just started out too fast, but it scared me and I don't want to risk it. Plus, the whole time I was thinking, maybe Matt has a really good reason why I shouldn't be running... So there you have it. My first and last run until October. Until then it will be step aerobics and walking for me!

5 comments:

Zoey's Mommy said...

Men are so weird sometimes. Luckily my husband has learned not to mess with a pregnant lady!

Glad you were able to get out and go for a run, even if it is your last one for a while!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Girl you crack me up! I so wish I had all that energy and go to exercise during these pg's. I wouldn't be sitting her with all this baby weight ... LOL

You Go Girl

~~Mel~~ said...

Wow you are pregnant and doing aerobics and you were going to try and run too??? Go you! That is alot of motivation...care to share some? lol.

Heatherlyn said...

Walking is good. Especially if you push Aiden in the stroller that can be a good work out!

Staci said...

When I was preggo with Madison if I tried running my heart raced and I could NOT catch my breath. It scared me too, so I stopped :)