Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rainbow Fish Activity

I found this cute little project on my bloggy friend, Kati's blog, Country Girl, City Life. As soon as I read this post I knew I just had to do this activity with Aiden!

I cut out the fish outline while Aiden was playing with drawing with markers. It took awhile because I'm not the best drawer! The first fish looked more like a whale. While this wouldn't have bothered Aiden in the least, I had to keep trying!

We then went to the library and checked out Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister. When we got home, we read the book a couple of times. Aiden LOVES reading!


Our glue didn't want to pour, so I let him paint glue on his fish. He thought that was great.

The lighting was terrible and not a single picture came out!

A Finished Rainbow Fish
When he was finished with Rainbow Fish, he spotted the "whale" and said, "Let's make him a friend!"

I gave Aiden a bowl of sequins. And instead of picking each one up and arranging it (like I would have done) he just dumped the entire bowl out onto the fish!
And then he painted over the sequins with more glue...

8 comments:

jen@odbt said...

That's a piece of artwork to frame. So colorful and cute!

A FiveOh4 Uplifting said...

That's too cute!! I emailed you to say thank you! Thank you again!!

Melissa said...

Aww, looks like he had fun!

Zoey's Mommy said...

Too cute!! I might have to try this with Zoey sometime. You're such a good mama! I love seeing all of Aiden's new creations!

~~Mel~~ said...

OH I love it!!! Great activity...they turned out great.

Stephanie said...

Love this!

missy said...

awww this is a very cute idea!!!!
daycare kids would love it!!!

Heatherlyn said...

That is a VERY good idea! It turned out great!