Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Seared Salmon with Mango Salsa and Avocado Recipe

This post is for MyWorld! In one of my posts yesterday, I mentioned that I made this for dinner last night and she requested that I share the recipe. I try to cook pretty healthy and get most of my recipes from Women's Health magazine. I just checked out their website the other day and discovered an awesome healthy recipe finder which I am going to be using a lot!

SALSA:
1 ripe mango, pitted, peeled, and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, seeded
1/2 cup chopped red onion
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno chile pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

SALMON:
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 wild salmon fillets (about 2 pounds, 1" thick)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups mashed avocado

1. To prepare the salsa: In a small bowl, toss together the mango, bell pepper, onion, lime juice, mint, chile pepper, and salt. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to blend flavors.

2. To prepare the salmon: In a large shallow baking dish, combine the lemon juice, paprika, and salt. Place the salmon in the dish and flip to coat both sides. Marinate, covered, for up to 1 hour in refrigerator.

3. Remove the fillets from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the fillets for 15 minutes, turning once, or until opaque. On each of 6 plates, place 1/3 fillet of salmon topped with 1/2 cup salsa and 1/4 cup avocado.


When I set his plate in front of him, Aiden looked at it and said, "Is this my dinner?" He made a face, but proceeded to eat every bite! When he was finished, he said, "I don't like that too much." Hmm... He never eats all of his meal... So, I'm trying to figure that one out!

7 comments:

Kati said...

That looks really really good!!

Kati said...

What is your official due date? I am trying to decide on a good time host the shower? Are you guys going to find out the sex or be suprised?

jen@odbt said...

Yum - love salmon and avocado. Thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

I can't wait to make this recipe. I love mango and avocado. Kids are coming home this weekend and I know they will love this!
Pam

A FiveOh4 Uplifting said...

That looks yummy :)

Heatherlyn said...

I love the mango.

And I love online recipe finders!

~~Mel~~ said...

That looks so good!!!

I'm glad Aiden ate it...Riley probably won't when I make it lol.