Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Sunny Day

Today is supposed to be the last warm, sunny day that we're going to be having for awhile. The forecast predicts rain, rain, and more rain. Ugh! So Aiden and I spent most of the day outside enjoying the sun!


First, we played with sidewalk chalk and sidewalk paint. Aiden actually managed to empty all 3 bottles of paint today.


Then Aiden decided that he wanted to play with Kenai, so we went out in the backyard.

Here is Aiden's stick collection. He is very proud of it! And although our dog loves sticks, Aiden has taught her that these are off limits!



But he does share with her sometimes!

(We actually had to change clothes because it was so warm!)


We then went on a 3 1/2 mile walk and then it was time to make dinner.

Tonight, I made seared salmon with mango salsa and avocado. It took forever! The icky stuff on the side is the avocado. It was supposed to go on top, but Matt isn't a huge fan and requested it on the side...


Aiden painted and played with play doh while I cooked. At one point, he was being really quiet and I looked over at him. He was naked and had blue paint all over his arms and legs. What am I going to do with him?!!
.
It's been a fun day, but now I'm exhausted! Matt surprised me with a copy of the Twilight movie, and he said that he would try to watch it with me tonight until it got too boring!

8 comments:

MyWorld said...

Can to share the recipe?

My daughter has a book that Aiden needs. It's called "I Ain't Gonna Paint No More." Hysterical.

~~Mel~~ said...

Your dinner looks so yummy! Glad you had a nice sunny day...send some sunshine this way please!

Melissa said...

Looks like you had a great day! We've had nothing but rain for 2 straight days now, so we could really use some sunshine!

Mel said...

YAY for a sunshiny day! And that mango salsa is making my mouth water! I've had that before but it has been awhile.

Carrie77 said...

Wow you guys did a lot today! I love his Gymbo pirate shirt..and that sounds just like Nathan, what is it with boys and collecting sticks? Your dinner looks AWESOME! YUM! I love guac!

Heatherlyn said...

haha, that's when you take a picture!

I love the stick collection. And your chalk art entries have looked like so much fun I'm thinking of getting my kids some for Easter!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Those pictures are so flippin cute! I so want to come play ... LOL

Carole said...

Avacados are my FAVORITE!!! Looks so yummy. how have you been feeling?

carole
xoxo