Friday, April 3, 2009

16 Weeks Check-up

I went to the doctor this morning for my 16 weeks check up. I thought that they were only going to draw blood but was pleasantly surprised when they let me hear the baby's heartbeat again! This time it was 161 bmp and the doctor said that she could tell it was moving around or kicking like crazy due to all the static on the doppler. She said, "Looks like you're going to have a lively one." Great! The baby will need to be "lively" to keep up with his/her big brother! I wanted to do the Baby BPM and see what their gender prediction was based on the gestational age, but their site is down. The heart rate is pretty high, so maybe it's a girl?!? I have my ultrasound on May 1 at 3:00. I am so excited about seeing my baby! And I really, really hope we will be able to find out what we're having at that time. If I have to wait longer than that, I think I will go crazy!

Update: Baby BPM was working today and this is what they have to say:

babybpm fetal heart rate gender predictor

Not sure how trustworthy this is since they told me I was having a boy at 14 weeks! LOL

10 comments:

♥georgie♥ said...

How exciting Melissa! I think I heard the higher ♥beat means a girl...are you wanting a girl? You could always name her georgie if you do have a girlie
;-)

Kati said...

Ooooh yea!! I am sooooo excited!

Typically I would be agreeing with the HR.. but Mr. Caeden was very high the whole time.. and miss serenity was on the lower end!

Mel said...

I can't WAIT to find out what you are having!! Aiden will be such a good big brother, I can tell already!

A FiveOh4 Uplifting said...

I'm so excited for you!! My daughter's heartbeat was always high, but even without it I felt that I was carrying a girl.

Kara said...

So exciting! I also can't wait to find out what you are having!

Karen said...

Can't wait to find out boy or girl!!

Zoey's Mommy said...

Yay for a great checkup! I hope you can find out the gender. But remember as long as baby is healthy it doesn't matter!!

~~Mel~~ said...

Oh I'm so excited for your ultrasound...can't wait to find out what you are having.

Heatherlyn said...

It sounds like a very healthy baby! That's always wonderful news!

Staci said...

I can't wait to find out what you are having!!! Not too much longer!