Wednesday, April 29, 2009

An Afternoon Catching Caterpillars

The other day when we were collecting items for our Earth Day collage, Aiden found a caterpillar. He was fascinated by it and carried it around for about five minutes. So when we were outside this afternoon, I happily pointed out one lone caterpillar crawling on the sidewalk. Little did I know what this would turn in to!

He LOVES it!


Aiden played with that one caterpillar for ten minutes. Trying to make it crawl up sticks and down the hill. Then he screamed excitedly because he found another one. And another one. And yet another.... Apparently, we interrupted a caterpillar fest!



I finally got a box because he was accidentally smashing some of them when he jumped up to collect another one...

"Don't worry! I got it, Mommy!"


Of course, it was my job to guard the box while he was off collecting more. He gave me a little stick so I could push them back into the box when they crawled up! We ended up playing with these caterpillars for almost an hour and a half. Fun times!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

What fun!

Where the heck do you find the energy/time to do all of this while being pregnant? It didn't affect me for the longest but lately I am so zapped of energy all the time my boys are lucky to get dinner! :D

Carrie77 said...

Boys and insects. lol. Nathan would love caterpillars..Can you bring some of yours to our yard? heheheh!

Heatherlyn said...

It's not just little boys. I loved bugs when I was a little girl. And the thought of playing with a box of catipillars, yeah, I think I could do that for an hour and half!

kimert said...

Aiden and my Annabelle would get along great. She has a caterpillar cage that she collects them in. We watch them form a chrysallis and then I am lucky enough to have to catch and get moths out of the house. ha ha...

~~Mel~~ said...

Oh so much fun!!!

I tagged you!

Michelle said...

These are great pictures!