Friday, April 3, 2009

Another Day, Another Bug

I feel like my posts are rather repetitive, but this is what we do... Regardless of how we spend the day away from home and no matter how tired Aiden is when we finally get home, he has been asking me what we're going to make every day. He loves our activities and I want to remember them!

Since I had my doctor's appointment this morning, I was not able to get the stuff I needed to do at school done. So when I picked Aiden up from preschool, I had to take him to my grandmother's house. When we passed our house, he said, "There's our home! I'm not going to mammy's house! You just passed our home!" Once he gets to my grandmother's house, he is happy, but I'm so glad that he is starting to prefer to spend more time with me. (That's kinda good since we're going to be moving in 4 months.) I had to work full time until this year and he has stayed with my grandmother since he was 3 months old. Until this winter, he would throw a fit when I came to pick him up and cry for her on the weekends. I understood that he was used to spending time with her and that he loved me too, but it made me so sad! Anyway...

Tonight we read Butterfly Fever by Lori Haskins and made a handprint butterfly.



Ready for decorating!




We brought out the glitter again!

I think it turned out pretty cute! I love how colorful it is!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Very cute! I can't wait until my son is old enough to do things like this-he's almost there!

blueviolet said...

Now that is so incredibly cute! Perfect for spring too.

Femin Susan said...

How awesome! Thanks for sharing!
may god bless you !

Heatherlyn said...

That is the cutest butterfly ever! I'm so totally going to do a bug week with my kids!

Yaya said...

Gotta glitter! love it!

~~Mel~~ said...

Cute!

Kids just love their grandparents...but it's nice that Aiden is wanting to spend more time at home too.

Staci said...

love it! hand print projects are my FAVE!