Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby Dreams

I've been thinking a lot about the baby lately. Probably because

1. I have my ultrasound on Friday.
2. It's now obvious that I'm pregnant. (No one has to wonder now if I'm pregnant or I've had a few too many pieces of chocolate cake!)
3. I've been feeling tons of movement. Matt actually got to feel the baby kick a week ago for the first time. (I can't wait until the kicks are more obvious so that Aiden can feel. I'm really interested in his reaction)
4. Aiden has been telling everyone that will listen that there is a baby in mommy's tummy. He has started to get really excited about having a baby and has been telling us all of the things that he is going to teach his baby!

So, it probably makes sense that I would have baby dreams too. There was a discussion on the September 2009 board on BBC about how accurate your dreams were in predicting the baby's gender. Most of them were right on! But I'm not so sure about mine...

When I was pregnant with Aiden, I dreamed about the baby frequently. However, in my dream the baby was a girl with dark wavy hair like Matt. (She was always a toddler for some reason!) So not only was my baby a boy; he also has super straight blonde hair! Well, this time my baby dreams consist of a little girl with blonde hair. It makes me wonder... Do I have a dark haired little boy in my future?! Guess I will have to wait and see!

8 comments:

Mommy of M's said...

I didn't have any baby dreams with M1, but I did with M2. My dreams were always about a baby girl. My mom had baby girl dreams when I was pregnant with M2 too.

I even kept all the packaging for all his bedding and all the clothes and reciepts b/c I was so afraid my dreams were right and I would have a girl, and all boy stuff!

Jessica said...

How exciting! I love to feel the baby move around, but here lately it is getting so much more frequent and STRONG! :D

Heatherlyn said...

I don't ever remember dreaming about my babies. You are lucky to have baby dreams, even if they are off a bit. :) I think it is wonderful that Aiden has decided that he loves the baby. I bet he really will teach that baby a LOT of things!

April said...

I used to dream of my baby when I was PG too. I dreamt that it was a boy. I had a girl.. lol

You are such a cute PG lady.. hehehehe

A. K. said...

WOw! That is cool... Congrats for the new addition that you will be receiving in the near future.

The Blonde Duck said...

Maybe this baby will be exactly waht you dream!

Mel said...

I can't wait to hear about your u/s! I love your "bump" shirt in the post below!

~~Mel~~ said...

ohhhhhhhh tomorrow is the big u/s day! YAY!

I never dreamt of babies when I was pregnant...that would be neat.