Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bug Eyes

Aiden woke up twice during the night before finally getting up for good at 5:30. I have been exhausted all day! But instead of resting when Matt took Aiden to the park, I decided to do my step workout. It did make me feel better though! They didn't get home until 7:15 and I thought for sure Aiden would be exhausted. But the first thing he said as soon as he saw me was, "I'm ready for the activity!"

Aiden chose to talk about flies today. We started by reading How Many Ways Can You Catch A Fly? by Steve Jenkins & Robin Page. Um... yeah. Wouldn't you know it mostly focused on animals eating each other?! I WILL start reading all of Aiden's books before I check them out!


We then made fly eyes for our activity.

The supplies: Egg carton with holes too see out, paint, glue, sequins, pipe cleaner


I mixed the paint and glue together to make the sequins stick. Then I let Aiden paint the egg carton.


He was saying, "Cheese!" in this picture and he was starting to get annoyed with me for taking pictures because he really wanted to get into those sequins!


He LOVES anything messy! Unless it gets on his clothes...


The finished bug eyes! Can you tell he really liked them?!




I LOVE this picture!


15 comments:

blueviolet said...

You rock with your crafty ways!

The Rambler said...

Loving the eyes!!

Hope you get some rest too!!

Heatherlyn said...

Now THAT is the cutest fly activity I ever saw! SOOOO cute!

Stephanie said...

So neat! What an awesome mama you are.

Jessica [Buggie Bows] said...

Such a cute activity!

♥georgie♥ said...

OMGosh you are an awesome mommie! That last pic is priceless!!!!

Carole said...

You are so crafty!!! He looks to be enjoying himself, not tired at all !!!!

carole
xoxo

jen@odbt said...

You amaze me with all your great crafts and activities. Can I send my son over?

The Blonde Duck said...

I love those bug eyes! I need some.

Christine said...

He is blessed to have such a crafty Mom! Thanks for stopping by....have a great day!

~~Mel~~ said...

I love it! Aiden is soo cute.

April said...

OMG.. I love the bug eyes.. lol

Lacie E. said...

I stumbled on your blog from SITS and I couldn't be more excited. I love all of the projects! Just today we made a house out of popcicle sticks and hot glue. It was the perfect time killer. You can bet I will be a regular stalker of your blog.

Pam said...

I love it! Aiden looks like he had a blast and very cool in his fly glasses! Great pics!

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

SUPER cute!!!