Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Crazy Day

Wow! We have had a super busy day. I picked Aiden up early from preschool so I could get his hair trimmed. My MIL wanted to get some family pictures of Matt, Aiden, and me so we did it even though I hate getting my picture taken! Matt had the bright idea of giving Aiden chocolate before his haircut and he was so hyper. I had never seen anything like it. He was swinging his hair around, laughing, and trying to get out of the chair. I really didn't know what to do. I have never seen him misbehave like that before. It really didn't help that the young girl cutting his hair thought he was "the cutest thing" and laughed with him the entire time....

Then we had our family pictures made. Absolutely exhausting! Aiden couldn't sit still. And his new fake smile.... OH my goodness! But the photographer was able to get a few really cute shots. I will have to post some pictures when we get them.

Aiden was exhausted too. And we both ended up taking a 3 hour nap. And now it's 10:30 and he's still up. Looks like it's going to be another exciting day tomorrow! Since it was a rainy day, I had to come up with a couple of activities for Aiden to do. I didn't have anything in mind, so I just decided to let him do something fun and messy!

Shaving cream! We only had shaving gel, but it worked after I spread it out!


I had shaving cream all over my hands. Aiden looked at me and said, "I need a paintbrush."


Aiden's new fake smile!


"Mommy, I think I got it on my hands!"


Helping me clean up. "Mommy, leave it right there. I will clean it for you." He ran and got the broom and I just let him try to clean it by himself!

Then it was time to paint.... Again, with the fake smile!



10 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like someone had a good time :)

Heatherlyn said...

What fun! What a fun Mom you are!

I KNOW that face! My Austin began making it when he was 6 months old (on Halloween) and continued to make it for about a year. We called it the squishy face! I missed it when he stopped making it!

I'm glad you'll post the family pics. I bet they'll look great! You'll be happy that you have them years down the road.

Aubrey said...

Can't wait to see the photos! I'm sure they will be cute!

What a great idea the shaving cream/gel is! I just might have to borrow that!

The Blonde Duck said...

At least he's smiling and not snarling (or eating the shaving cream!)

jen@odbt said...

Aiden is about the right age for the fake smile. My daughter used to combine the fake smile w/ a head tilt. Oy - this went on for about 2 years and now my 3 y.o. uses it.

Jessica said...

What a sweet smile!

Lacie E. said...

You inspire me to let my son do more messy projects he is going to love you for this lol.

Jenny/Moravia said...

I know I've been lousy at commenting on others blogs, but I just want you know that I read and I LOVE ALL the Art projects you do. So much fun!

~~Mel~~ said...

I love that you let Aiden make such a mess!!!

Can't wait to see the family photos...we don't have any and I desperately want one to hang on the wall at home and one for my desk at work too...

MaryAnne said...

looks like he's having a blast!