Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Day of Family Fun

Yesterday was a wonderful (and busy) fun-filled day! The university's child study center and Aiden's preschool hosted a Family Fun Day at the college. They had tons of booths where the children could do hands on activities. There was a sand table, a water table, a bubble table, play doh, clay, instruments, blocks... You name it, they had it. We had never been before so I didn't know what to expect, but it surpassed all my expectations. Aiden had a blast!



No Time for Pictures!

Holding the instrument he made. He filled the cup with "jingle bells".


Being Super Silly



Playing in a pool of shredded paper! I would never be brave enough to try this at home!


Who doesn't Love Play doh!


Making a collage. This turned out really cute!



Bubbles!



After the "family party" as Aiden called it, he asked to go to Chick-fil-A. He was so excited about playing in the play area, but when I took him in there, he wouldn't leave my side. There were a lot of bigger kids and he just asked if we could go. In part (I think) because we had plans to go to the zoo.


Thankfully, Aiden took a nap on the way to the zoo. It could have been a really long day. We had a really good time. As soon as we got there Aiden wanted to see the lions and tigers. Matt bought him a Slushee after that, and he was no longer interested in seeing any more of the animals! He loved that Slushee! Unfortunately, the my camera battery died and I didn't get very many pictures...

He was so excited to see this lion! I have a picture of him on the same lion when he was a baby. I'll post a comparison picture as soon as I find it!


He let me hold his Slushee for a second so I could take one picture. It was all over his mouth!


Not a big fan of the petting zoo. I have to say, I was very surprised.


After our zoo trip, we met Matt's sister at a restaurant by the river. We had forgotten that there was a football game and we had no clue that it was prom too... So we had an hour wait. Aiden had fun during our wait swinging and watching ducks. We didn't get home until 10:30 and Aiden was still wide awake.

14 comments:

Melissa said...

It sounds lik you all had a really fun day! I swear my batteries always go dead when I'm somewhere needing to take pictures!

kimert said...

Sounds like you guys had a really busy but super FUN day!! I love family fun days.


oh and sorry I didn't play along on the 8 things. I'd done it once a couple weeks ago and couldn't think of 8 more things so soon. lol just wanted you to know and not think I ignored the tag. :)

Carrie77 said...

Wow, you did a lot in one day!! The activities that the university had looked like lots of fun! I looked in the Target dollar spot for an ant farm today but nope! none!

Melissa said...

Thanks for grabbing my buttons! That new pic of you and Aiden is so cute :)

Heatherlyn said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love all the tactile activities. Those are so great for kids! I think that's great that they had something like this. It doesn't look crazy crowded either. How nice!

Kati said...

Wow! What a super fun day!

I would take the paper shreds over sand any day!!!
I bet he slept good last night!!

pam said...

What a great day, and what a little trooper he is!

Mel said...

What a fun-filled day for Aiden! I'll bet he slept well when he finally got to sleep last night!

Staci said...

What a fun filled day! I love those days!!!

Kristen said...

You had quite a day! I think I would have liked playing in the shredded paper, just to see, haha!

Melissa said...

I'm back again. I left you something on my blog here. :)
http://shimmermebluedesigns.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-award.html

Jessica said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish Baylor would do something like that around here! There aren't nearly enough community activities to do with small children!

~~Mel~~ said...

I always love all your pictures! Sounds like a very fun and busy day!

Kara said...

Knoxville was a mess on Saturday night. We went to Calhoun's for dinner after the game. We were at the restaurant for 3 hours!!! Kendall fell asleep before they brought our food out. :( You guys had fun day!