Monday, April 6, 2009

Feeling Blah

I'm 17 weeks today and I'm just feeling so blah! I have heard about women who Love being pregnant, but I just don't understand it. Do I glow? Nope. My face just breaks out terribly! I've been having horrible morning sickness that only seems to stop when I eat carbs. And I can't seem to manage my weight gain! I was reading the pregnancy journal that I kept while I was pregnant with Aiden. In all caps, I had written, Melissa, If you ever think about getting pregnant again, Read This! But enough with the complaining. I know that there are so many women who would love to be in my shoes and whenever I look at Aiden, I know that in the end it is completely worth this terrible 9 months! So when I'm having these Blah moments, I just need to think about that.

My mom really hurt my feelings today. Like I said, I am having a really difficult time with weight issues again. I know I'm gaining too much too quickly, and I just feel out of control. When I cook, I cook healthy, but my grandma cooks for us 3 nights a week and it's 100% southern food. Tonight, my mom was at my grandmother's house and I was wearing a sweater over my short sleeve shirt because it had gotten cold out. Well, she was staring at me and I asked her what was wrong. She said, "You just look really big in that sweater." It's a sweater! It's like a light coat. How many people wear form fitting sweaters? That almost made me cry (did I mention that I'm also extremely emotional?). I just don't know what she was thinking. Only 5 more months...

17 weeks (Matt's not very good at taking pictures! LOL)

My baby bump
This one is for my mom! I'm pooching my stomach out in this one!


12 comments:

pam said...

You look fantastic!!

The Rambler said...

Girl I would cut out my pooch left over from my Lil Rambler to look like you :)

boo hoo Mom for making you feel bad.

Hugs....now lets go eat some ice cream with extra choc. sprinkles and whip cream.

Wha...doesn't that make everyone feel better :)

xoxoxo

Melissa said...

I wouldn't worry about what your mom says at all. Your tummy looks better than mine and I'm not even pregnant!

MaryAnne said...

I think you look great! I don't enjoy being pregnant either...

Jessica said...

You look great! And don't worry, as much as I love my son and this baby growing inside of me (I'm around 20weeks) I don't really enjoy pregnancy much either.

My father-in-law called me fat and all sorts of things when I was prego the first time around and we work together almost 10 hours a day-it was nearly unbearable considering how emotional being pregnant makes me, but I got through and I'm determined to not let any make me feel bad about myself this time!

Keep your head up-when your new little one arrives you will be so happy nothing else will matter!

Aileigh said...

You look fab! Don't let anyone else tell you different! :) As for the blahs... pregnancy is different for everyone. You certainly have reason to gripe! Hang in there! Vent here! That is what we are here for! :)

kimert said...

Looks to me that you have the perfect little baby bump for 17 weeks! Relax and don't stress about what mom or anyone else says about you! Pregnancy is a beautiful thing.

Heatherlyn said...

Oh my! Who tells a pregnant woman that she looks big? Everyone is allowed to look big when they are pregnant anyway!!!! That's the pregnancy rule! And then you have at least 9 months to look normal again after the baby is born! You look great anyway. Wear your sweaters proud!

I always liked being between 4 and 7 months pregnant, because my hormones balance perfectly at that point and I'm not too huge.

But the first few months I feel sick. And the last 2 months it's hard to bend over.

But everything gets back to normal. Maybe 3 years after the baby is born, but it DOES go back to normal.

And if someone says you look "big" again, CRY! Maybe it will make them feel bad!!!

Carrie77 said...

You look great and I really mean that!!!

Aubrey said...

You are a beautiful pregnant woman! I think you look perfect for 17 weeks. Don't get down on yourself! Your body is doing what it is supposed to be doing!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Melissa!!! Good grief woman! You look fabulous! There is nothing FAT about you - not even a little bit.

And I won't listen to you, your Mom, or anyone else say anything different!!!!!!

I suggest low glycemic carbs and upping your lower fat proteins. It really helps with the morning sickness, AND will help keep you feeling fuller, longer.

~~Mel~~ said...

You look fabulous! I was one of those women that loved being pregnant..but only because i felt so close to Riley while I carried him. I hated the getting 'big' part!