Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Growing Spices

Aiden and I went to Target after he got out of preschool today. He Loves looking at the $1 spot. They had a lot of cute spring items and I let him pick out a few things. He got some glow in the dark snakes, stretchy bugs, and a mini ant farm. We're just going to keep that last item a secret from my husband! He would not be so happy, but I've always wanted an ant farm. And this one is tiny. Anyway, I also noticed that they had little pots where you can grow your own tree, flowers, and spices. I've been thinking about growing my own spices once we move, so I picked up a tiny oregano pot today. After all, what better activity to do with Aiden on a cold, snowy, spring day than plant some spices!






We also got an Easter Egg Decorating Kit and I think the eggs are cool enough to decorate now. Aiden is calling for me, so I guess that's next on our agenda!

7 comments:

pam said...

Can't wait to see your eggs! Looks like a good time was had getting the spices planted.

The Blonde Duck said...

That's really cool! I've always wanted to grow spices. But I have a black thumb.

Heatherlyn said...

I hope your spices grow. That would be so cool!

I'm excited for your tiny ant farm too. That would be really neat!

blueviolet said...

My son received an ant farm for a gift once and I HATE insects so I told him we'd keep it in the garage. I am so glad we did because I went out there later in the day after he put the ants in and they were all escaping! They would have been all over my house...yikes!

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

What a great project to do together. We are working on getting our garden going this year so the boys and I can work on it together.

Oh and nothing tastes better than fresh herbs and spices in EVERYTHING!!!

Aubrey said...

He is just too darn cute!! Isn't the $1 spot the best!? My toddler got a couple foam swords there that he absolutely loves! LOL

~~Mel~~ said...

I'm with your husband on the ant farm...yuck!

I hope you enjoy growing your own spices...if it was my house they'd die in a day or 2...I wasn't lucky enough to get the green thumb.