Monday, April 13, 2009

Look What I Found...

Aiden woke up early this morning so I gave him some milk and put in a DVD while I took a shower. When I came out of the bathroom, he was sitting in the middle of the living room with a bag of candy and the scissors. He was really concentrating on cutting that bag open!

I had to talk to him once again about how Mommy's scissors aren't toys and can hurt him really badly. I had put them in one of our top cabinets, but he pushed a chair into the kitchen so he could climb up and get them! He pays attention to everything. Looks like I'm going to have to find a new hiding place for the scissors now.

After breakfast, I let him eat a piece of the candy. This was his part of his Easter present from my boss, some Godiva chocolates. He opened it up, looked at it, and then asked, "Mommy, what's on it?" I looked at it and said, "It looks like a girl riding a horse." I did a double take and said, "Wait... Is she naked?!" I've had Godiva chocolate before, but only in Valentine boxes and I've never seen their girl symbol before! (I usually just stick to Lindt truffles because they are my absolute favorite.) Unfortunately, Aiden kept saying, "A naked girl riding a horse!" over and over while giggling. I was so worried that when I picked him up from preschool, his teacher would ask me about it, but luckily he got over it by then!

11 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

What a morning! Yep. Aiden is smart. He knows what scissors do and when to use them. You might have to hide a lot of things eventually!

I think the candy story is hillarious! Who wants a naked girl on their candy anyway?

Melissa said...

Oh no! Thank God he didn't say anything at school!

The Rambler said...

Kids are the most sneaky, smart, observant little things.

I'm always putting chairs, stepping stools, something that could be a stool, in random places all over the house.

Naked girl on candy huh?

giggle.

irina said...

Hi!Very nice blog!

congrats!

irina

Kati said...

Serenity got ahold of the scissors once and cut her hair.. on one side.. I was devastated!! I keep those babies much higher up than I did before

Sarah said...

What a way to start the day! A naked girl on your chocolate AND a toddler with a pair of scissors! Oh Boy!

jen@odbt said...

Boys will be boys :) Watch out for scissors and hair. My cousins (when they were little) cut each other's hair and it was not pretty.

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! What a smart boy. That is scary about him going and getting the scissors. Boys sure are mischievous!

Mel said...

Amazing how resourceful and observant our kiddos are at this age. Analese has also figured out how to scoot the chairs around. She also figured out how to open the freezer on our side by side unit. For some reason she can open the freezer but not the fridge. I guess the fridge seals tighter. Anyway, I keep the girl scout cookies in the freezer and she knows it! So funny about the naked lady on the candy!

~~Mel~~ said...

What a sneaky little guy Aiden is...Riley never ever used chairs to reach things and for that I thank my lucky stars...lol.

What's with the naked girls on chocolates? Weird!

Carole said...

LMBO Omg naked girl riding a horse!!!! LOL I got a nice paper home my son did asking about his "favorites" Well his favorite song "Beer for my horses" OYE!!! lol kids are too funny

carole
xoxo